The Secret World Forums

The Secret World Forums (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds & Decks (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fast-kill AP farming builds/ideas? (http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=61771)

Vendraen 11-20-2012 01:08 PM

Fast-kill AP farming builds/ideas?

Now that I'm running NMs when I can, when I'm not, I'm usually farming AP. Usually running quests like The Draculesti, Wild Hunt, Knight of the Draculesti, etc - killing a lot of Nightmare-tagged mobs.

I'm using more or less the "AR Soloist V4" build that was posted months ago, and is well-known. Using this I can kill about anything, very safely. The problem is it takes a VERY long time to kill mobs, and I get annoyed. ;) I'd like something with a quicker kill time.

I tried using 2 of the DPS builds I use in NM dungeons, and, well, that didn't work out. ;)

So I'm wondering if there's a way to get a faster kill time, but still be able to last through these quests.

Claretta2 11-20-2012 01:47 PM

An AR leech build that you're already using should work fine for killing speed tbh. Just comes down to using mostly DPS gear with one heal piece only, and the right DPS passives.

Fists work well with AR solo to speed up killing speed.

Beserk is such a useful fist skill because you can pre-charge it, and it goes off on every possible hit. So charge beserk before using ShellShocker or Hurly-Burly and see what happens. Explosives expert also works well with this.

Vendraen 11-20-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claretta (Post 1457391)
An AR leech build that you're already using should work fine for killing speed tbh.

It's either not, or people lie when they say they mow down Nightmare-tagged mob in "seconds LOL."

I can kill them, no problem, but the fights are just realllllly long.

Specialone 11-20-2012 02:03 PM

I use an AR/blade frenzy leech crit build that pretty much creams thru NM mobs. It's built on aoe, (bamboo cutter, suppressing fire, leech frenzy, criticality, etc.) so most effective gathering groups of mobs.

Claretta2 11-20-2012 02:04 PM

I do with mine... I can kill packs of weaker mobs in seconds with a single AoE combined with Beserk. Other things die pretty quickly to single target hits.

This is the setup I use. Maybe it's different to yours:

Anima Shot
Three Round Burst
Hip Fire
Tear Em Up
Cage Fight
Berserk
Shellshocker
Hurly Burly

Experience
Eagle Eye
Twist the Knife
Lethality
Explosives Expert
Bloodsport
Salt in the Wound
Revved Up

Two main tricks here. First, only heal when needed. You don't need to overheal solo, which is why I transition between Anima Shot and Hip Fire. I also don't use Transfuse Anima, as even with Experience, Three Round Burst beats it. But Experience + Tear Em Up with Anima Shot does give fantastic self healing, so that elite passive is still worth it.

Second all the AoE helps you to front load damage. When approaching a group will first use Berserk, and then hit Hurly Burly, Shellshocker, or Cage Fight (or even all three). When these hit, they will land all 5 stacks of Berserk in a single second, plus salt in the wound and explosives expert. This front-loaded damage lets me then ease off a bit to heal any incoming damage with anima shot if needed.

This build isn't particularly tough against groups so I don't tank more than 5 at a time. But it does chew things apart with little downtime. If I get hurt I just pull with Anima Shot.

Vendraen 11-20-2012 02:13 PM

Huh, I could try that; I think I have all the abilities, other than the chainsaw ones. Aux weapons seems a huge waste of AP to me.

What I am using is, http://www.tsw-builder.com/#90v91195...32121962421245

It's basically the "AR Soloist V4" build that was posted months ago... It works great, it's just sloooow kills. (To me, anyway. Maybe I'm just impatient.)

Claretta2 11-20-2012 02:26 PM

Auxilliary weapons are fantastic. You're missing out.

Chainsaw > Rocket Launcher though. And if needed I can also swap Hurly Burly for Diamond Grit for 1000 more health every 30 seconds.

Hmmm... the build you posted doesn't really have any hitting power.

- Anticoagulant is bad for DPS due to only doing half its stated DPS in practice due to a bug.

- you don't have a second consumer, even though using a melee weapon like fists gives you 5 free resources before each pull. So you're seriously limiting damage potential, as most fights only take a few seconds.

- You're using on-hit affliction, but don't have salt in the wound.

- you're locked into a fairly slow (and deadly boring) 5 builder, 1 consumer rotation. Whereas I can chain Hurly Burly, Shellshocker, Beserk, and Cage Fight, and I still haven't even fired a builder. Most weak nightmare packs (like Kingsmouth airport zombies) die before then.

- You don't have any procs in your passives. Salt in the Wound and Explosives Expert make a huge difference for me.

- You're using Do or Die, which is only good in sustained DPS fights (dungeons).

MiaowZedong 11-20-2012 02:28 PM

I use a Sword/Hammer pen/self-healing build to farm Nightmare-mobs. It's maybe not the best in damage per target, but I can pull 5 mobs (the max number of targets for AoE) or even more at once and fight them at the same time, which makes it efficient.

On Aux weapons: they're mostly utility and filler skills. The Chainsaw I use in PvP for the healing debuff on people who use mostly many small heals, and to stop runners from getting out of combat and activating Sprint. Diamong Grit is good if you have a purple Chainsaw. The Rocket Launcher has two uses: the jump and a 20m AoE pull.

Vendraen 11-20-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claretta (Post 1457417)
Hmmm... the build you posted doesn't really have any hitting power.

As I said, it's basically the "AR Soloist V4" build as posted a while ago. It works fine, just slow.

The only difference is I use Do or Die instead of Red Mist. 25% damage to all attacks seemed better than just one big attack, to me.

Quote:

- Anticoagulant is bad for DPS due to only doing half its stated DPS in practice due to a bug.
It's only there to set Afflicted for Iron Maiden.

Quote:

- you don't have a second consumer, even though using a melee weapon like fists gives you 5 free resources before each pull. So you're seriously limiting damage potential, as most fights only take a few seconds.
True - the reason the build doesn't have a second weapon is because the AR Leech abilities only build AR resources.

I usually actually have Breaching Shot slotted and have a shotgun equipped for that, but no Consumer, because no SG resources get built.

I'll give your build a try - I'm a little concerned about the lack of healing but I'll try it!

I don't usually fight packs. Knight of Draculesti, The Draculesti, Wild Hunt, etc, most of them are just high-HP single Nightmare-tagged mobs.

Claretta2 11-20-2012 02:35 PM

Iron Maiden does less DPS than Salt in the Wound.

The only time Iron Maiden pulls ahead I believe is if you have someone else setting afflicted state. But if you are doing it every second, then Salt is better.

For elites, you really should try shellshocker. It's great! You can also use something like See Red. You could even use Reap and Sew if you're really concerned over healing.

Transfuse Anima is bad for solo healing I find because it takes so long to get the heal off. You actually get more responsive healing that doesn't get you killed just spamming Anima Shot.