absinthie

Did the 3gb switch and ....it works! No memory leak in past day either in london or kingsmouth *giggles* Thanks for help!

ZeroPoke

Also if you have 8gigs or less and trying to play this game with swap space off you may run out as well. I was.

roma92

Quote:
Originally Posted by abusive View Post
Did the repair, RDB folder step and all but that didn't even fix the problem...still crashing..also,by your post it seems you might be claiming that the fault might be coming from our end..I play WoW , Crysis 2 , Guild Wars 2 Beta and almost every other game on max graphics settings and I've never come across an "Out of memory" crash or any other error from those games. I ran this game on DX9, DX11, Low, Medium, High, Ultra and i'm crashing with every configuration.
I agree with this poster completly, this is not a client issue. Since patch I have been crashing chronically. I have tried all the above "Fixes" and have adjusted all the settings accordingly to no avail. I cant seem to stay connected for an hour without crashing. I dont even know what direction to take at this point.

All I know is I paid a good deal of money for a game that I cant really play and getting very frustrated!

abusive

Well heres to hoping they'll do something about it. There is nothing pleasant about playing a game that crashes every 1-3 hours. Might just move on to Guild wars 2 if this issue isn't addressed.

lavosslayer

I found a work around for this issue and posted a detailed tutorial fix here but the devs removed it since it requires you to underclock your card. Most people having this issue run Nvidia GTX 500 series cards with factory overclocked settings as default. That causes an issue with the way the game accesses the video drivers apparently.

Using my work around is the only way I have been able to play this game without it crashing and requiring a reboot of my PC. Sadly GW2 does this also...the only two games out that crash my PC like this...very odd...
~~~~~ An Adult leveling and progression guild~~~~~

UncleTooter

AngryWorst bug ever...

Same thing here.....64 bit OS, 8 gigs ram....tried all the mentioned fixes, all graphic settings, and I still constantly get this crash.

I have also never had memory errors when running any game I've played on this rig since I built it...that includes BF 3 on max, SWTOR on max, etc...

calranthe

As someone who had this issue on another game I really advise people to find prime95 speedfan and memtest, my rig is a gaming rig built it myself and it ran everything perfect from crysis 2, mass effect and other games but this one new mmo was causing instability and crashes.

For two weeks I "demanded" the company do something about, they offered many fixes but I kept telling them "my pc works on every other bloody game out there so it can't be my pc".

In the end I did run memtest and prime95 plus used speedfan, prime95 found an instability after running for 15 hours and it turned out the instability was not cpu but memory after running the full memtest batch (used up my entire weeked).

See while a lot of games like crysis 2 or various mmo games use your computer fine some games push certain areas or use a memory block not often used, games like TSW do and remember optimization is an ongoing thing.

I am not saying you do not have a problem and I completely understand your want and need for funcom to fix it as you are a paying customer.

My advice is two fold firstly turn off or remove any other software running on that pc for the length of a test, I mean steam, download managers, IM clients and teamspeak pretty much turn off everything not needed to run your system and see how long till you get your crash.

Then do a hardware and memory stability test keep all the data and logs from it so that even if it does not fix the problem or find the issue you can send the data to funcom and say "this is what I tried it has to be on your end now"

Remember running a prime or memtest for 2 hours does not cut it, if the instability in system is there then it is an instability that does not show up on 99% of games you play.

Eandaen

I got this problem a lot on a fairly low spec machine (tbh I wasn't sure I'd be able to run the game at all) - 2.4ghz / 4gb / gtx 560ti / XP 32 bit.

Initially I was crashing every 30 minutes in busy zones, but following some advice on a discussion I changed settings from dx11 to dx9 & reduced the screen resolution and that seemed to help. The game still crashes in London and lags out from time to time, but entirely playable. Even in the Fusang Project the game is reasonably playable.

>>> Run DX11 rather than DX9. The DX11 API is far more efficient memory-wise than DX9 on Vista/Win7.

Are you saying I'd probably be better off going back up to DX11 and it was the change of screen resolution that helped the issue?

Thanks,

SuiGeneris

So far, I've experienced the 'out of memory' crash once and it was only after I left my client running for over a day. Out of memory issues still are odd. I have a 64 bit Windows running with 8 Gigs of RAM.

I notice a performance drop primarily when I let my machine get hotter than it should. That's obviously an issue on my end and easily fixable.

I run the client (with max settings) with DX11 on a 64b Windows,
the i7 CPU,
Nvidia's GTX 560 Ti,
and 8G of RAM.
...the World is a bad place
and you can either do or get done.
...we're not done.

Dragonbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by calranthe View Post
As someone who had this issue on another game I really advise people to find prime95 speedfan and memtest, my rig is a gaming rig built it myself and it ran everything perfect from crysis 2, mass effect and other games but this one new mmo was causing instability and crashes.

For two weeks I "demanded" the company do something about, they offered many fixes but I kept telling them "my pc works on every other bloody game out there so it can't be my pc".

In the end I did run memtest and prime95 plus used speedfan, prime95 found an instability after running for 15 hours and it turned out the instability was not cpu but memory after running the full memtest batch (used up my entire weeked).

See while a lot of games like crysis 2 or various mmo games use your computer fine some games push certain areas or use a memory block not often used, games like TSW do and remember optimization is an ongoing thing.

I am not saying you do not have a problem and I completely understand your want and need for funcom to fix it as you are a paying customer.

My advice is two fold firstly turn off or remove any other software running on that pc for the length of a test, I mean steam, download managers, IM clients and teamspeak pretty much turn off everything not needed to run your system and see how long till you get your crash.

Then do a hardware and memory stability test keep all the data and logs from it so that even if it does not fix the problem or find the issue you can send the data to funcom and say "this is what I tried it has to be on your end now"

Remember running a prime or memtest for 2 hours does not cut it, if the instability in system is there then it is an instability that does not show up on 99% of games you play.
+1
I think this is exactly right, the number of people saying "It's not my hardware" but with hardware symptoms seems high.
I believe that this is just a very up-to-date game that can push your hardware to its limits and will find any flaws.
I wouldn't be suprised if alot of the people with problems have overclocked hardware (CPU or GPU) and just assume the overclock is fine because it works with other games. Then they run TSW which pushes the hardware and then they fail.
Same thing happened with EVE, lots of people claiming it broke there PC's, when infact it just made use of all the hardware capacity and in doing so showed up Hardware problems.