Reply
Thread Tools

Ulfserkr

Ulfserkr's Avatar

DefaultIssues with installing mods

I am having issues installing all kinds of mods. They simply don't show up in game.

How am I supposed to install two different mods that require the usage of the Modules.xml file? CAN I have two mods in that file? Same thing for CharPrefs.xml.

Thanks again!
M I D N I G H TS Q U A D R O N
"HONOR. MATURITY. FAMILY."
Since 1995

xcitu

Open new mod .xml files, copy the code (not <root></root> but everything between). Then open your excisting .xml files and paste the code between <root></root>.

Or you can install Curse (www.curse.com), which is a pretty nice program for autoinstalling addons, aswell as keeping track of them.

Edit:
I think you can open those files with notepad, I'm using Notepad+ and that works like a charm.

sammichofdoom

sammichofdoom's Avatar
An easy solution for this is to create new folders for each Mod.

So if you have two mods that use Modules.xml, create two subfolder in Data\Gui\Customized and put each Modules.xml in those folders. All folders are loaded recursively.

Ex:
Data\Gui\Customized\Mod1\Modules.xml
Data\Gui\Customized\Mod2\Modules.xml
Last edited by sammichofdoom; 08-04-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Ulfserkr

Ulfserkr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichofdoom View Post
An easy solution for this is to create new folders for each Mod.

So if you have two mods that use Modules.xml, create two subfolder in Data\Gui\Customized and put each Modules.xml in those folders. All folders are loaded recursively.

Ex:
Data\Gui\Customized\Mod1\Modules.xml
Data\Gui\Customized\Mod2\Modules.xml
Nice. Thanks!

What about Char Prefs?
M I D N I G H TS Q U A D R O N
"HONOR. MATURITY. FAMILY."
Since 1995

sammichofdoom

sammichofdoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfserkr View Post
Nice. Thanks!

What about Char Prefs?
You can do the same thing, just put it next to the Modules.xml file.

-Viper

-Viper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfserkr View Post
I am having issues installing all kinds of mods. They simply don't show up in game.

How am I supposed to install two different mods that require the usage of the Modules.xml file? CAN I have two mods in that file? Same thing for CharPrefs.xml.

Thanks again!
Most add-ons come with a readme.txt, so you should start out with reading that as it will tell you how exactly to install them.

Right now it seems all us add-on authors do it differently, which makes it even more important that you follow the instructions given for each add-on.

You should no longer need to edit XML files, assuming all add-on authors have updated their add-ons for patch 1.1 and take advantage of the new system where you can put XML files in separate directories.

However, bottom line: Read the readme.txt.
Viper of SUN
- Playing as Viper on Grim.

Follow my add-on development: http://tswaddons.wordpress.com/

Ulfserkr

Ulfserkr's Avatar
I think it's too late for me.

I'm pretty sure I messed up my folders big time. An upload of the The Secret World\Data\Gui folder would be appreciated. :/ Will keep trying to work things out anyway.

Ps: What do the .bxml files do? Can I delete them? I wanna see if I can clean my customized folder and just start fresh.
M I D N I G H TS Q U A D R O N
"HONOR. MATURITY. FAMILY."
Since 1995

Cairenn

Cairenn's Avatar
If things are well and truly screwed up, try using the install disc to 'repair' your installation*.


*On the presumption that TSW's install disc does that, most do.
Cairenn
Co-founder and Administrator
SecretUI

Ulfserkr

Ulfserkr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
If things are well and truly screwed up, try using the install disc to 'repair' your installation*.


*On the presumption that TSW's install disc does that, most do.
I had hope until I read the small letters.
M I D N I G H TS Q U A D R O N
"HONOR. MATURITY. FAMILY."
Since 1995
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.