Impala

DefaultTANKS, How are you upgrading your gear?

So currently I am in all 10.1-10.2 gear from NM's. I have been hoarding all my bullion and am ready to spend. My thing is I do not feel that I am in need of more Health. I could make all my gear 10.3/10.4 but all that will add is more health. Currently I havent found a fight where that is needed. I assuming that upgrading my glyphs is a better way to go? Most likely the way I will go unless someone stops me. I am sitting at 11k health or so with 3 attack pieces. I do do around 700dps or so..which helps make fights go a lot smoother/faster.

Any thoughts, what are you doing?

darkoray

Agro is all about damage. 12-13 HP is enough for almost all bosses in NM so what you want to try and do is get some 10.3, 10.4 gear with a lot of HP and then swap out your lower HP gear items with DPS gear.

This will give you the same HP but more DPS to hold agro and make fights just that little bit easier.

Impala

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoray View Post
Agro is all about damage. 12-13 HP is enough for almost all bosses in NM so what you want to try and do is get some 10.3, 10.4 gear with a lot of HP and then swap out your lower HP gear items with DPS gear.

This will give you the same HP but more DPS to hold agro and make fights just that little bit easier.

Yeah I am pretty much in the same boat. I have no issues holding aggro, I honestly think my build is as perfect as it comes for my group make up, and with myself doing around 550-700 dps my friends doing 1.6-2k ish dps really have no chance of pulling aggro. I have done all the bosses in Nightmares, and I have never gone over 11k health so I think 12-13k is overkill. I use Attack potions honestly since health is pretty much worthless over 10k it seems. But as I said my build really dictates this, as I don't think many run what I do.

Glad you are thinking the same way as me. I have the attack pieces already, but Im just going to upgrade my glyphs I think before the health on my gear.

Fiasco3

My suggestion to you is get 1 major talisman dps item, get it to 10.4 and you'll have all the attack you need.

After that, buy a tank piece but upgrade the glyph before the item itself. Keep repeating that until you have a full set of 10.4 glyphs, then upgrade the gear itself.

An increase in HP is fairly insignificant as you said. I think you had the right idea.
Fiasco3
Illuminati
Daemon