firkasse

DefaultAlbion Theatre Bugged

Hi Folks

tried to do a little show in te Albion Theatre tonight. Whie on the stage, I had a friend try to meet up with me to see the show.
Friend got the message" Unable to meet up: Undiscovered anamia well" or something similar...

This person had already been inside the Albion on another dimension, but was still unable to meet up with me.

Makes it rather difficult for friends to attend a show or play...

Hewhotalkmuch

Hmm. Definitely not a great thing, though it makes sense from a technical perspective. The Albion Theatre is it's own instance (it's not actually part of the London instance - as far as the game is concerned, it's its own world). As such, when your friend sends you a meet up request and you accept, the program looks for an anima well closest to you in the instance where you are located. As far as I can recall, there are no anima wells in the theatre (I could be wrong), so the game does the search, comes up short, and throws up a prompt to that effect. So, this is technically not a "bug" per se. It's a design flaw. A bug is when a piece of software does what it should not do, or does not do what it should do. In this case, the software did exactly what it is intended to do. They just didn't design the theatre with an internal anima well. Splitting hairs, I know. Semantics. Still definitely not a great thing.

The obvious "work around" solution is to invite friends from within London and have them pass through the doors themselves (maybe have a member of your cast/crew on designated "box office" duty right outside the theatre, and have them be in charge of accepting requests and sending invites. Or, if it's a one man/one woman show, you'd have to stand outside the doors yourself. However, this should only be necessary if you are playing on a different dimension from the people that you are trying to invite. If you're playing in the same dimension, obviously all you'd need to do is send them a tell, and they can get to London on their own volition. As I understood, the Albion instance is universal and open dimension-wide. That means anyone who is playing in, say, Arcadia, gets the Arcadia-wide theatre by default when they go there.

Just work arounds, mind you. Definitely less convenient, but should work in a pinch, with minimal time lost.

However, it would probably be much more convenient, and save people some travel time, if there was a functional anima well right inside the theatre - the entrance, I suppose. Let's hope they read this and consider adding one for a patch in the near future. They could probably even create an invisible one that functions normally, but doesn't look all glowy and out of place in the Lobby.

Citric

Senior Gameplay Designer

Yes, sorry, that was a bit of an oversight. The Albion Theatre resurrection points will be fixed in issue 5 -- after we've done that, you'll be able to meet up!

ieatacid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citric View Post
Yes, sorry, that was a bit of an oversight. The Albion Theatre resurrection points will be fixed in issue 5 -- after we've done that, you'll be able to meet up!
how is it possible that with every patch Funcom makes so many errors, that it seems like they doing the whole game business first time or have no common sense whatsoever

amputaci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatacid View Post
how is it possible that with every patch Funcom makes so many errors, that it seems like they doing the whole game business first time or have no common sense whatsoever
they like to see that vein on your forhead pulse. we all do, really. it's kind of a joke on the secret secret forums. when they gave you that infraction, omg, just priceless.
why do scotsman wear kilts? because sheep can hear zippers!

please read before posting:
http://www.jamespegram.com/wp-conten...flow-chart.jpg

Noriyuke

Ask yourself how the playtesters on testlive (also known as us players) also missed that little detail...

My, are some faces red.

StrangeCase

Tabula Rasa doesn't have an anima well does it? So this is basically how all the instanced buildings in London have been designed.

@Citric; if you plan to put an anima well in the Albion, I'd go ahead and put one in Tabula Rasa and the Crucible as well.

Theriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriyuke View Post
Ask yourself how the playtesters on testlive (also known as us players) also missed that little detail...

My, are some faces red.
Testlive is one server/dimension... this issue would not have presented there...
Lannister Group
Maps • Missions • Lore • Hints

Kokochu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriot View Post
Testlive is one server/dimension... this issue would not have presented there...
Actually it's two dimensions but you're right it's unlikely this bug would've been caught since most active testers are on the same dimension.