Zyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendraen View Post
Kind of.

Everyone assumed then that they would be consolidating to Norway. Instead we've now learned that's not the case.
I knew their CS department and a few other things were in Raleigh, I have friends that work there. Really the cost of living, and running a business in NC is pretty low and there are a ton of incentives. There are three or four other studios in the Raleigh area also. Makes sense to me.

Vendraen

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
I knew their CS department and a few other things were in Raleigh, I have friends that work there. Really the cost of living, and running a business in NC is pretty low and there are a ton of incentives. There are three or four other studios in the Raleigh area also. Makes sense to me.
Yeah, it's the "Silicon Valley of the East."

Zyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendraen View Post
Yeah, it's the "Silicon Valley of the East."
I grew up in Raleigh, and still live in NC. I have friends at all of the studios in the area actually. I work design on Table Top games and LARPS, it has been suggested that I go into video game design. However I like my slow and quiet life in western NC.

I have friends who I may suggest apply there.

Vendraen

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
I grew up in Raleigh, and still live in NC. I have friends at all of the studios in the area actually. I work design on Table Top games and LARPS, it has been suggested that I go into video game design. However I like my slow and quiet life in western NC.

I have friends who I may suggest apply there.
I would love to work in MMOs. I've been a programmer "for fun" since I was 10, and professionally since 18 (I'm 42).... O_o

nusquam

Game Director

We have a few positions that will be posted in Raleigh soon, so you should keep your eyes open if you are interested.

Knowing the game really well is always a key part of hiring for a live team.

Kaas87

Nusquam! are we having a live stream this month? i think a return of Mr T would be epic, abit of fun would be good all round i thinks (just don't look at the 55 kerjillion questions asked per second)

Cogneter

The Venetian

I am a bit confused. http://www.funcom.com/jobs doesn't list Raleigh among offices. And other offices are still listed with no vacancies.

nusquam

Game Director

Durham, is what is listed on the webpage. Same thing I guess, never been there myself

Also, I am not moving. The small team left in Oslo after the *last* layoff round was unaffected by this.

Lupan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
Durham, is what is listed on the webpage. Same thing I guess, never been there myself

Also, I am not moving. The small team left in Oslo after the *last* layoff round was unaffected by this.
Awesome. Glad to hear you'll be keeping somewhat comfortable.

Two-Hawks

So is there anything left to be developed in Norway other than strategies? Kinda sounds as if it's going to be strictly HQ.