Moriko

There is a scenario where the bug was possible on test, but no one noticed it because the number of chances for it to happen are too small. If, as an example, you are on 5/6 and drop off, let's say for a PvP match, and that despawns the patrol it might drop the number of patrols from 7 to 6. If you are on test one group gone won't likely be noticed by the players testing. They just find the next group unaware of the number that should be up.

Go to live and a bunch of people go to dungeons, PvP, drop connection, etc and then the problem is obvious. I'm not saying that's what happend, but it's a way that the problem can exist on test, but not be apparent.

Hewhotalkmuch

More on topic (though the patrol issue is certainly important and problematic), before we can get into needing more missions that reward with Credits, we'd probably need a significantly expanded inventory of stuff we can buy with them, at various price ranges.

As it is, TSW has had "dailies" since launch. At least unofficially. There are many great repeatable missions, especially side missions, that I almost never mind doing again, that give significant enough rewards, and that feel natural as dailies. In fact, right after the Issue came out, I was running about the Scorched Desert, enjoying the scene, and redoing some of my favorite quests, and it struck how well some of those quest combinations flowed.

What I am getting at is that more "Daily" missions would be awesome, but it would also be awesome, and perhaps more directly pertinent to the game's existing strengths, if the many repeatable missions and side missions that we have so far could be plugged into a large Daily rewards system.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this would be to provide more, and more interesting, rewards for Sequins (which are already given out by main and side missions as they original "daily" currency), or, if the Credits are the wave of the future, simply create a conversion mechanism between sequins and Credits. Ten sequins for one credit would actually work out alright balance wise. It would take some serious farming to get enough for one of the better items. Of course, for this to work, we'd still need to have many more options for Credit purchases. More cool cosmetics would be great, of course (outfits, pets, maybe even some specialty weapon skins). Gadgets and such could be cool. Maybe some slightly lower end QL10 blue weapons (similar to the ones we were able to buy with K'in during the Mayan event). With an expanded inventory of things to buy and aim for, plus the ability to very slowly aggregate the currency in our own ways (not just in Egypt), all of TSW could would suddenly be full of interesting, farmable dailies, all of which would have been there all along.

On a related note, Transylvania is great. I love it. Don't get me wrong. But it could use some more side missions. Compared to the earlier playfields, where you could find something cool to do at every turn (or at least something to do), these later zones feel a bit sparse on the side mission front. It would be a very welcome content injection. I was very glad Issue 6 included so many side missions, and really hope the trend continues and expands a bit (give us some given out by a Council Envoy, sure, but also pepper some into those fascinating empty spots in the Farmlands and so on. I want to find out what that bike messenger was delivering, and so on.

One zone that really shines in terms of mission flow, or at least side mission flow, in my opinion, is City of the Sun God. CoSG gets a lot of flak from people (yes, it's a bit stark, and has no day night cycle, which in my opinion that gives that zone it's unique feel...it by far one of the creepier, more unsettling places in the game, and it's not THAT hard to navigate, seriously ), but it really does seem to have some of the more fun and interesting missions in the game, and you never run out of things to do in one night. There's a side mission at every turn, and most of them are logical and interesting.

Einkil68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriko View Post
There is a scenario where the bug was possible on test, but no one noticed it because the number of chances for it to happen are too small. If, as an example, you are on 5/6 and drop off, let's say for a PvP match, and that despawns the patrol it might drop the number of patrols from 7 to 6. If you are on test one group gone won't likely be noticed by the players testing. They just find the next group unaware of the number that should be up.

Go to live and a bunch of people go to dungeons, PvP, drop connection, etc and then the problem is obvious. I'm not saying that's what happend, but it's a way that the problem can exist on test, but not be apparent.
I truly hope it's not the source of the bug. Because if it is, it means it's the same bug that affects the Revenant in the last tier of Ripples, or the golem in Between a Rock and whatever, and a couple of other missions like that. If it is the same exact bug, I'll loose all faith in Funcom dev. I mean, people have reported those bugs since launch and since they've been reintroduced (by one of the 1.5 patches if I'm correct), and everyone seems to agree on the origin of those bugs (people dropping the missions midway). If the dev are not aware of this, and still code their quests the same way, they're either stubborn, or don't read the bug reports at all, or they just don't care because, hey, there's a debugger team, and the GM are there to unlock those situations, right? Or they didn't had a choice, and decided to release the issue despite being fully aware of that bug, which is probably even worse. So I truly hope you're wrong, and it's something totally different.

Ironblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewhotalkmuch View Post
or, if the Credits are the wave of the future, simply create a conversion mechanism between sequins and Credits. Ten sequins for one credit would actually work out alright balance wise.
That introduces the 'stockpile' issue. I haven't even finished Transylvania and I have over 600 sequins gathering dust. I'm sure there are plenty of people with THOUSANDS.
Mythmaster - MrHelpful - SixSigma - all on Arcadia
7-1/2 years in City of Heroes. Crowdfunded Star Citizen and City of Titans. Lifer in TSW.

Sevenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claretta View Post
I got the three things I wanted within three days, so... no, we do not need more missions.

And that's headpiece, signet, and hat, all up worth 155 tokens.
How have you done that many tokens in 3 days? Given the headpiece from the mission reward, thats still 95 tokens.

Kaas87

[2+2+2(x3)] + [3+3+3+3+3+3 (x2)] + [2+2+2 (x2)] = 102

from memory btw, so it may be slightly higher or lower
Last edited by Kaas87; 04-01-2013 at 06:52 PM.

SkinFlayer

May have been mentioned already, but I didn't see it. At this point in time (since they changed it so that investigation's are repeatable), every mission in the game outside of the main faction storyline is repeatable. The cooldown timers seem to range from 12 or 16 hours (for green side missions) up to about 50 hours (I believe that's what the timer for issue 6 missions was, but I could be remembering incorrectly).

willySW01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinFlayer View Post
May have been mentioned already, but I didn't see it. At this point in time (since they changed it so that investigation's are repeatable), every mission in the game outside of the main faction storyline is repeatable. The cooldown timers seem to range from 12 or 16 hours (for green side missions) up to about 50 hours (I believe that's what the timer for issue 6 missions was, but I could be remembering incorrectly).
The three Ca'd'Oro rewarding side missions given by the vendor guy in the tent are on 16 hour cool down, iirc, it's less than normal side missions by a couple of hours or so.

The Parts of the storyline -- Mean Streets -> The Prisoner -> A Time... -> City Beneath Us -> City Before Us -> Last Train to Cairo (and the three side missions that are nested INSIDE instances) are all on 68 hour cool downs, so roughly every three days.

kccube

I believe there is a cap to the number of Ca'd'Oro you can have, so dun horde them.

CoelhoBuda

There is indeed and it caps at 150.