Closed Thread

GeneralGirth

I'm sure all you "it's easy, you're doing it wrong, also it should be hard anyway" clowns are getting the scenarios with padurii boss, enemy snipers slowing you constantly and filth bombs blocking critical shortcuts.

BelleSorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
The plan is certainly not to "force players to group up".
Bringing friends into a Solo/Duo scenario is just a suggestion I made to help players who are having trouble getting used to the setting and mechanics. I want to make sure that people are aware of the full range of difficulty levels on offer.

Depending on your gear and experience with adapting builds, taking extra people might be necessary for some time before you are ready to go solo - or it might allow you to start scenarios before you get to QL10 gear (some players are already managing this).
I am not sure how a "solo scenario" is geared for one person when you have every survivor group being attacked by mobs at the same time, and when these groups are located on opposite ends of the map.

Suggesting more people is a cop out. Your normal and elite difficulties are overtuned, and that is a problem. The solution shouldn't have to be "bring more people."
"Fun Fact: The Orochi once had a pillow fight as a team-building exercise. There were no survivors." -- Scrivnomancer

BelleSorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerokane View Post
Just did all Three scenarios With a Group on Normal.

Way better tuned, much more fun and doable!

We finished Hotel at Platinum, Mansion at Silver and Castle at Gold!

Solo and Duo difficulty is definitely out of wack compared to the Group Version!
This.

Not sure why people don't understand this.
"Fun Fact: The Orochi once had a pillow fight as a team-building exercise. There were no survivors." -- Scrivnomancer

Misjah

I am very happy with the difficulty of Nightmares and have full faith in us finding ways to do them flawlessly over time.

All modes seem to drop a good amount of blues, epics and heroics, so should be something for everyone!

It's just frustrating at start, getting your ass kicked in 10.5 gear because your strategy is not working, but so was NMs when we did them back in beta, today we can't imagine why it was ever hard...

BelleSorciere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enziet View Post
OP. They are not very hard at all really. The people that are finding it hard have costed through the game so far with other peoples builds not thinking for themselves and have basic builds and don't understand synergies.
Yeah, this isn't true. That's a crass overgeneralization.

escritores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misjah View Post
I am very happy with the difficulty of Nightmares and have full faith in us finding ways to do them flawlessly over time.

All modes seem to drop a good amount of blues, epics and heroics, so should be something for everyone!

It's just frustrating at start, getting your ass kicked in 10.5 gear because your strategy is not working, but so was NMs when we did them back in beta, today we can't imagine why it was ever hard...
Exactly... Scenarios require players to think outside the box and actually use the ability wheel, PVP'ers will have a edge here really as you wont get far going in with 1970 hp and your Polaris DPS build...
Escritores
Recruitment Officer of
RAGNAROK
A founding Illuminati Cabal
Guild Forum | Recruitment

Darkstride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleSorciere View Post
I am not sure how a "solo scenario" is geared for one person when you have every survivor group being attacked by mobs at the same time, and when these groups are located on opposite ends of the map.

Suggesting more people is a cop out. Your normal and elite difficulties are overtuned, and that is a problem. The solution shouldn't have to be "bring more people."
I've done all 3 of the scenarios on solo (alone) with Gold +. If you kill the mobs fast enough, you don't have more than one group being attacked at the same time. You also just need to be aware of the map. Take note of shorter routes. Save speed boosts for when enemy attack patterns change. Don't let mobs sit on top of your survivors while you fight them - a lot of mobs do AoE, filth, explode, etc. Lure them to a safe distance away or intercept them before they reach survivors. In my experience, mobs will spawn a few times in a row from the same point and go after the same group of survivors - then the spawn point moves. It's easily manageable if you play smart.

If you have every survivor group being attacked all at once, you aren't being efficient enough, based on what I've experienced.
Last edited by Darkstride; 11-09-2013 at 01:38 AM.

nusquam

Game Director

A part of the problem is that people are used to the progression of difficulty being that solo is easier than group because that is how things work in most games.

However, I would argue that solo scenarios are the most difficult and indeed nightmare solo is the hardest of the content we have released with Issue #8.

GeneralGirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
Exactly... Scenarios require players to think outside the box and actually use the ability wheel, PVP'ers will have a edge here really as you wont get far going in with 1970 hp and your Polaris DPS build...
This post is so dumb I don't even know where to start. There's no thinking outside the box that makes things spawning in three places at once disappear, and the random variations are also not balanced at all. And using something other than a glasscannon group build for a solo scenario isn't exactly rocket surgery.

Greymarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleSorciere View Post

So it's Platinum or nothing? Learn to triage. If you can't get to all 3 spots, then don't go to all 3 spots. It's not rocket science people. A bronze pass is still a pass. And then you keep working on it from there.
Felicity "Feleth" Pilton - Illuminati <Panopticon> IC Twitter - Dossier
Sera "Zoula" Zoulanski - Templar IC Twitter
Dr. Raymond "Greist" Greist - Dragon
Closed Thread