Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barujin View Post
If you had taken GM Sappho's advice and actually read about the Templars on the forums, you would understand why your post is going nowhere.
GM Sappho.... made me laugh

I'm gonna make one final point, one you all seem to know but miss.... actually, go have a hunt around again, but here's a question...

Why can't the Templar be an offshoot of the Knights Templar?
oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Wielder of the mighty Nerfstick!

| Social Guidelines | Customer Service |
| Contact Me | Follow Me on Twitter |

Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
If you had taken GM Sappho's advice and actually read about the Templars on the forums, you would understand why your post is going nowhere.

I'm gonna make one final point, one you all seem to know but miss.... actually, go have a hunt around again, but here's a question...

oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:

oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Lordjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confiteor View Post
Am I the only one who WANTS to see the religious ties developed?

I joined the templars thinking it would be a zealous, rigid, die-hard group of evil vanquishers.

If i wanted something without the religious "purge the world of evil" mentality, I'd join the dragon or illuminati.

If you don't find appeal in the whole templar lore, symbolism, and idealogy (all obviously tied to religion) then why did you pick it?

There symbol is a CROSS for crying out loud.

Just curious
First of all you can RP your toon any way you want!Thats YOUR decision if you want to be religious.

Second,The Templars mission statment says that the Christian knights templar came from the Templars,suggesting that the Templar have been around for alot longer than we first thought.

Lordjay

Quote:

I joined the templars thinking it would be a zealous, rigid, die-hard group of evil vanquishers.

If i wanted something without the religious "purge the world of evil" mentality, I'd join the dragon or illuminati.

If you don't find appeal in the whole templar lore, symbolism, and idealogy (all obviously tied to religion) then why did you pick it?

Just curious
First of all you can RP your toon any way you want!Thats YOUR decision if you want to be religious.

Second,The Templars mission statment says that the Christian knights templar came from the Templars,suggesting that the Templar have been around for alot longer than we first thought.

Lordjay

Quote:

Just curious

Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordjay View Post
Well, that question was easy.
oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Sappho

Player Ab Initio

Quote:
oɥddɐS
Head Moderator

Cyphre

Quote:
The Templars are stated as being an off-shoot of the original Knights Templar.
Quite the opposite, actually.
The Knights Templar are an catholicism-based offshoot of The Templars.

"Deliverance From Evil"
Crusaders. Judges. The Holy Terror. The Templars are the world's least secretive secret society. Their military-ideological machine has operated in plain sight since Babylon - a matter of pride, or moral superiority. Conspiracy theorists, obsessed with the minor 'Knights Templar' offshoot, underestimate the Templars' true European empire. Private armies. Members of parliaments. Royal families.

The Templars believe they will deliver the world from evil by force, and even their opponents - who call them zealots and warmongers - cannot deny that force. As an agent of the Templars you are not just fighting the war on darkness, you "are" the war on darkness. Suave and sophisticated, but brutal and uncompromising, you use history as a weapon to shape the future.

Few will stand in the way of the Templars' banner. Do you have the will to stand behind it?
Flash Quiz, darkdaysarecoming.com
John "Scion" Talbot
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The CODEX