Toad

Oh my god that video almost made me piss myself...

Toad

Oh my god that video almost made me piss myself...

Layasa

My idea (without reading through this fully just responding to first post) is to have a Magazine based system. As a crafting skill have ammo making and you can pick up empty shells/rounds/whatever-you-wanna-call-'em from mobs that you can then go buy gunpowder and a special kit to fill the empty shells/rounds/whatever-you-wanna-call-'em which after you get a specified amount (Depending on Calibur and what type of gun you are crafting for) then you can combine them with an empty magazine (based on Calibur and what type of gun you are crafting for) and then you have magazine based ammo.

But knowing FC and their previous games (AO in particular) they may or may not do the large scale ammo stockpiling in your inventory. But a magazine based system would probably be interesting due to the fact of that it can be bought in single round, multiple round, single magazine, multiple magazine, or crafted round, crafted magazine. Which in my opinion would be an interesting way to pull together a game like this's ammo management style.

Also another thing to take into account was the Bandolier style ammo, for Stationary and other MGs. Such as a Vulcan and so on. Just use it like a Magazine but on a larger scale.

Layasa

My idea (without reading through this fully just responding to first post) is to have a Magazine based system. As a crafting skill have ammo making and you can pick up empty shells/rounds/whatever-you-wanna-call-'em from mobs that you can then go buy gunpowder and a special kit to fill the empty shells/rounds/whatever-you-wanna-call-'em which after you get a specified amount (Depending on Calibur and what type of gun you are crafting for) then you can combine them with an empty magazine (based on Calibur and what type of gun you are crafting for) and then you have magazine based ammo.

But knowing FC and their previous games (AO in particular) they may or may not do the large scale ammo stockpiling in your inventory. But a magazine based system would probably be interesting due to the fact of that it can be bought in single round, multiple round, single magazine, multiple magazine, or crafted round, crafted magazine. Which in my opinion would be an interesting way to pull together a game like this's ammo management style.

Also another thing to take into account was the Bandolier style ammo, for Stationary and other MGs. Such as a Vulcan and so on. Just use it like a Magazine but on a larger scale.

Layasa

Inq

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmus View Post
problem is 5# promotes that melee players can just use charging meat truck tactics, 2# or 4# at least promotes melee players to use there brains...either by packing lots of natural and/or magic induced defence or using tactics like cover movement and flank attacking.
I woulden't run at someone that has 10 mags for an assault rifle without thinking about what I was doing. Especially if it only takes say 15-20 rounds or less to drop a player.

Inq

Quote:
problem is 5# promotes that melee players can just use charging meat truck tactics, 2# or 4# at least promotes melee players to use there brains...either by packing lots of natural and/or magic induced defence or using tactics like cover movement and flank attacking.
I woulden't run at someone that has 10 mags for an assault rifle without thinking about what I was doing. Especially if it only takes say 15-20 rounds or less to drop a player.

Inq

Quote:

Malcamber

One of the things that I've always loved about the survival/horror/suspense sorts of games is that the only thing the heroes really have going for them is their ingenuity. The monsters are bigger, stronger, faster, and/or more numerous, and thus often are flat-out unbeatable in a straight fight. Victory requires thought and planning.

I don't expect combat in TSW to be quite this one-sided, at least not most of the time (it's not the above sort of game, and it must balance MMO-style action with its other themes), but I would like to see elements of this philosophy come into play. Managing your gear is one of the perfect ways to do this. Not just ammo management, but making sure you have the right tools to do the job (silver for werewolves, fire and high-trauma weapons for zombies, etc).

The problem there, of course, is that the MMO genre has set a lot of precedent for how much gear characters can carry. Many folks will likely not be happy unless they can carry around 20 weapons, 5 suits of armor, 3 dozen assorted widgets, and still have sufficient pack space for hours of looting. That's not an easy expectation to overcome without pissing people off.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how things turn out.

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

Malcamber

One of the things that I've always loved about the survival/horror/suspense sorts of games is that the only thing the heroes really have going for them is their ingenuity. The monsters are bigger, stronger, faster, and/or more numerous, and thus often are flat-out unbeatable in a straight fight. Victory requires thought and planning.

I don't expect combat in TSW to be quite this one-sided, at least not most of the time (it's not the above sort of game, and it must balance MMO-style action with its other themes), but I would like to see elements of this philosophy come into play. Managing your gear is one of the perfect ways to do this. Not just ammo management, but making sure you have the right tools to do the job (silver for werewolves, fire and high-trauma weapons for zombies, etc).

The problem there, of course, is that the MMO genre has set a lot of precedent for how much gear characters can carry. Many folks will likely not be happy unless they can carry around 20 weapons, 5 suits of armor, 3 dozen assorted widgets, and still have sufficient pack space for hours of looting. That's not an easy expectation to overcome without pissing people off.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how things turn out.

ET IN ARCADIA EGO