Viper[SUN]

DefaultProper fullscreen windowed mode

I did a search and didn't quite find anything about this yet, so here goes (sorry if I missed something and are essentially reposting)...

I would really like to see a proper fullscreen windowed mode, where the window borders and top bar gets removed and the window takes up the full resolution of the monitor.

Sadly it hasn't made its way to Age of Conan still (even though I asked for it years ago ), so I thought I'd get the suggestion in there for The Secret World now.

The most annoying part of not having a proper full screen windowed mode is recording videos. You then have to oddly scale them or add black bars here and there to match "proper" resolutions, because the resolution of the game is some awkward one due to the borders and top bar.

And with The Secret World requiring so much out-of-the-game interaction, running in windowed mode is pretty much a must (and having multiple monitors it's simply the only way to fly).

So yeah, please implement that Funcom. Thanks. =)

Viper[SUN]

DefaultProper fullscreen windowed mode

I did a search and didn't quite find anything about this yet, so here goes (sorry if I missed something and are essentially reposting)...

I would really like to see a proper fullscreen windowed mode, where the window borders and top bar gets removed and the window takes up the full resolution of the monitor.

Sadly it hasn't made its way to Age of Conan still (even though I asked for it years ago ), so I thought I'd get the suggestion in there for The Secret World now.

The most annoying part of not having a proper full screen windowed mode is recording videos. You then have to oddly scale them or add black bars here and there to match "proper" resolutions, because the resolution of the game is some awkward one due to the borders and top bar.

And with The Secret World requiring so much out-of-the-game interaction, running in windowed mode is pretty much a must (and having multiple monitors it's simply the only way to fly).

Reduxx

+1

in EVE it's called "fixed window mode" and i really like it, since using multiple screens/accounts makes the game stay up when you go between the screens. Makes alt-tabbing more smooth too for single screen setups. And if I understand things correctly we be looking for info on the interwebs during gameplay it would be neat NOT to have to minimize the game and so on.

So yes, i hope we get that in TSW.

Reduxx

+1

in EVE it's called "fixed window mode" and i really like it, since using multiple screens/accounts makes the game stay up when you go between the screens. Makes alt-tabbing more smooth too for single screen setups. And if I understand things correctly we be looking for info on the interwebs during gameplay it would be neat NOT to have to minimize the game and so on.

So yes, i hope we get that in TSW.

captrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper[SUN] View Post

Thats a very pertinent statement there. This statement really highlights why its not just a "nice to have". Not everybody has two monitors, and any game that requires searching and research "outside" of the game environment really does need to make alt-tab or multi-screens as fluid and accessible as possible.

Off topic, personally, i prefer to invest in one single screen as big as possible rather than have two screens on my desk. I'm coming round to the idea of having a smaller side screen for web, chat and voice apps though.

captrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper[SUN] View Post

Thats a very pertinent statement there. This statement really highlights why its not just a "nice to have". Not everybody has two monitors, and any game that requires searching and research "outside" of the game environment really does need to make alt-tab or multi-screens as fluid and accessible as possible.

Off topic, personally, i prefer to invest in one single screen as big as possible rather than have two screens on my desk. I'm coming round to the idea of having a smaller side screen for web, chat and voice apps though.

Ruman

Could be a nice feature, so long as it was just that, a feature as, quite frankly, I prefer full screen games. If I need to get on my internet for anything, I simply hit the windows key to minimize w/e full screen application I'm viewing.

Ruman

Could be a nice feature, so long as it was just that, a feature as, quite frankly, I prefer full screen games. If I need to get on my internet for anything, I simply hit the windows key to minimize w/e full screen application I'm viewing.

Viper[SUN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman View Post
No doubt that it should just be a feature to enable when using windowed mode (like other games have done).
I don't see the old full screen mode going anywhere. It's especially good for people wanting to run a game at a lower resolution than their desktop. So don't worry about not having that option.

Viper[SUN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruman View Post
No doubt that it should just be a feature to enable when using windowed mode (like other games have done).
I don't see the old full screen mode going anywhere. It's especially good for people wanting to run a game at a lower resolution than their desktop. So don't worry about not having that option.