elisah

Funcom said somewhere that all places should be seen as end-game zones.

If you want to play in the deadly swamp of no return, zombieland or kingsmouth, then you should.

I would guess that when we talk about: non soloable content, i think their will be obvious indications like Draculas castle, or Mothmans cave.

But about the uglyness i hope not. Would hate to see one of my classmates run around as a boss!!!

But their might be some logic to it (which they seem to love), meaning, you acually have a chance take out a slow zombie alone. But going up against that burning scarecrow with a chainsaw alone, is might not the best idea you could have

elisah

If you want to play in the deadly swamp of no return, zombieland or kingsmouth, then you should.

I would guess that when we talk about: non soloable content, i think their will be obvious indications like Draculas castle, or Mothmans cave.

But about the uglyness i hope not. Would hate to see one of my classmates run around as a boss!!!

But their might be some logic to it (which they seem to love), meaning, you acually have a chance take out a slow zombie alone. But going up against that burning scarecrow with a chainsaw alone, is might not the best idea you could have

Plus_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiah View Post
The journal in War was great! Every time you met an important NPC, found a new location, interacted with certain objects, encountered a new creature, killed a mob for the first time, killed X number of that mob etc. you would get a new entry in your journal. These entries often contain lore and images related to whatever triggered the entry. I found it to be a very elegant way to keep track of your progress and it served as a good reference library to anything you had so far encountered.

I would very much like to see something similar in TSW (an iPad would work well) and I think it would work very well with the setting.
That does sound really badass.
I'd like to see something like that here.

Plus_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiah View Post
The journal in War was great! Every time you met an important NPC, found a new location, interacted with certain objects, encountered a new creature, killed a mob for the first time, killed X number of that mob etc. you would get a new entry in your journal. These entries often contain lore and images related to whatever triggered the entry. I found it to be a very elegant way to keep track of your progress and it served as a good reference library to anything you had so far encountered.

I would very much like to see something similar in TSW (an iPad would work well) and I think it would work very well with the setting.
That does sound really badass.
I'd like to see something like that here.

elisah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielivicus View Post
Or we could have a journal like in WAR (which is the only cool thing about that game other than the setting). Except nowadays it would be a IPAD2!

The hitch-hikers guide to the underverse (sorry)

descriptions like (running would be recommended, unless you have a good number of friends, in which instance we would recommend you should concentrate on the strange appendage that comes out under it's knee) or (burning seems overly effective and it tends to die rapidly) might be helpful.
Best reply to this is acually from another thread where the question is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
will there be a mission diary?
I'm guessing that there will probably be a way to track your stats but I would love to be able to have the story your character has discovered in a handy format to peruse; be it monster info (how to kill certain foes), events, characters (who does your character trust?), e.t.c

I just dislike having to peruse a wiki about a mission I may have done months ago just to refresh my memory over what happened.
where the answer is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam (Lead Content Designer) View Post
There is a section of the journal that keeps track of completed missions, yes. The other things you mentioned we are not talking about yet.

elisah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielivicus View Post
Or we could have a journal like in WAR (which is the only cool thing about that game other than the setting). Except nowadays it would be a IPAD2!

The hitch-hikers guide to the underverse (sorry)

descriptions like (running would be recommended, unless you have a good number of friends, in which instance we would recommend you should concentrate on the strange appendage that comes out under it's knee) or (burning seems overly effective and it tends to die rapidly) might be helpful.
Best reply to this is acually from another thread where the question is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
will there be a mission diary?
I'm guessing that there will probably be a way to track your stats but I would love to be able to have the story your character has discovered in a handy format to peruse; be it monster info (how to kill certain foes), events, characters (who does your character trust?), e.t.c

I just dislike having to peruse a wiki about a mission I may have done months ago just to refresh my memory over what happened.
where the answer is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusquam (Lead Content Designer) View Post
There is a section of the journal that keeps track of completed missions, yes. The other things you mentioned we are not talking about yet.

Makiaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisah View Post

I think that is what they are shooting for. If you've amassed a ton of skills, you can go back to a "lower level" zone and murder stuff, or throw together some odd skills and go see what happens. Go buy some beginner gear and run around a mid-level zone to see if you can survive. Kind of like soloing dungeons in WoW for example...just to see if you can do group content solo.

That said, I would prefer not to have more than base level color coding, ie Normal, Tough, Under-Boss, and Boss say. Each would be appropriate for that zone, so a Normal "end-game" mob might be tougher than a early Boss say.

Though that is the max I want to see. Would be happy with just seeing a mob and wondering what it is and what can it do. Like the bugs in the screenshots....who knows if they can spit acid or cast spells etc. Are they vulnerable to blunt attacks due to the exoskeleton or maybe they shrug those attacks off?

Makiaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisah View Post

I think that is what they are shooting for. If you've amassed a ton of skills, you can go back to a "lower level" zone and murder stuff, or throw together some odd skills and go see what happens. Go buy some beginner gear and run around a mid-level zone to see if you can survive. Kind of like soloing dungeons in WoW for example...just to see if you can do group content solo.

That said, I would prefer not to have more than base level color coding, ie Normal, Tough, Under-Boss, and Boss say. Each would be appropriate for that zone, so a Normal "end-game" mob might be tougher than a early Boss say.

Though that is the max I want to see. Would be happy with just seeing a mob and wondering what it is and what can it do. Like the bugs in the screenshots....who knows if they can spit acid or cast spells etc. Are they vulnerable to blunt attacks due to the exoskeleton or maybe they shrug those attacks off?

GhostHack

For those who have played city of heroes, there's another mechanic to consider:

During the rikti invasion events, no matter what level you were, enemy's conned to you, individually. (So not just a scaled instance, but both you and the level 12 guy to your left, and the level 40 girl to your right all saw the enemies as conning at their level.)

Now, true, a level 10 character didn't have the abilities to mow through even con lt and boss level enemies, but they were definitely capable of winning.

Id think a similar system would work here.... doesn't matter your rank or number of abilities... enemy X is always going to con the same to you.
What changes, isn't him, it's you. You get cooler toys, he doesn't get easier.

GhostHack

For those who have played city of heroes, there's another mechanic to consider:

During the rikti invasion events, no matter what level you were, enemy's conned to you, individually. (So not just a scaled instance, but both you and the level 12 guy to your left, and the level 40 girl to your right all saw the enemies as conning at their level.)

Now, true, a level 10 character didn't have the abilities to mow through even con lt and boss level enemies, but they were definitely capable of winning.

Id think a similar system would work here.... doesn't matter your rank or number of abilities... enemy X is always going to con the same to you.
What changes, isn't him, it's you. You get cooler toys, he doesn't get easier.