hmgar

DefaultMinimum Requirements for Game

I was wondering in anybody has any intel on performance for computers that don't quite meet the minimum requirements for this game. I really want to play, but my computer is older and doesn't quite match up to what Funcom has listed.

I know I'd probably have to have the settings turned down at the bare minimum, but I wonder if it would even be playable at that point?

Falconloft

Unless they launch with a low-res client, it would be iffy. It would help to post your specs to give a better idea of what 'not quite' means.

Timebound

Download AoC - run that, if that runs should work. If not try and get into a beta weekend and try it that way

Valhakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebound View Post
Download AoC - run that, if that runs should work. If not try and get into a beta weekend and try it that way
^ What he said plus.......

Download Age of Conan and run it in DirectX10. From what I have heard TSW is not going to be slaved to DX9b like every other MMO and game recently.

darkesc

Direct x 11 please

hmgar

Yeah, I've preordered because there is NO way I'm not going to play this game. I will see how it goes with beta. If it's unplayable, I will have to find a way to buy an updated computer.

I will go to great lengths to enjoy my favorite hobby. Even if it's not the most responsible decision...

Nataraja

It would be good for Funcom to get those minimum specs into Can You Run It which will diagnose your computer components and then let you know if you meet the minimum and if provided recommended specs.

EDIT: It is there under Secret World.
Leader of Kindred Spirits Dragon Cabal
on Arcadia/Leviathan RP dimensions - maturity required, RP optional!
Looking for a mature Cabal? Visit us at Kindred Spirits
A mature multi-gaming guild since 2006
Chapters in: The Secret World | Rift | SW:TOR | WoW | GW2
Join for the game,Stay for the people!

meowminx

The specs for the Secret World are NOT the same as for AoC. TSW specifies a CPU of 2.8 GHz as a minimum. (I think AoC is 2.2)

Danaerys

I'm actually building a computer to play TSW on. If you know how to do that I suggest building a custom machine. More power for your money. Based on the fact that my current laptop meets the minimum requirements for TSW and it had trouble handling AOC on med settings you will probably want a new machine. However, if you're using a desktop then you really only need to replace CPU (maybe motherboard) and GPU in order to see an increase in gaming performance. You don't have to drain your savings account to build a rig from the ground up

Danaerys

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowminx View Post
The specs for the Secret World are NOT the same as for AoC. TSW specifies a CPU of 2.8 GHz as a minimum. (I think AoC is 2.2)
Also keep in mind that they reccomended a dual-core processor. If you've got an i5 or i7 with lower GHz you should be fine.