Grimnir9

DefaultRazor TSW Keyboard

I was just looking at a review on Razor's Sw:TOR keyboard, and I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to have a keyboard with similar functions? With the SW:TOR keyboard, there is a touch screen with buttons that can pull up browsers, surf the internet, and even check youtube, facebook, and gmail. This sounds like something designed more for TSW than SW:TOR. What are some of your thoughts on this?

Red Knight

Most modern keyboards have keys to do that, and keyboards like Logitech G-series have programmable buttons that can do stuff like that, too. TBH this game isn't going to be big enough to rate getting dedicated versions of keyboards or mice.

Grimnir9

Understood. I just liked the side screen on the keyboard. I think it would be cool to pull up google on the keyboard screen and not clutter the main screen.

JerryC

Would be cool if It poped up the in game browser on 2nd monitor if you have one

damny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnir9 View Post
Understood. I just liked the side screen on the keyboard. I think it would be cool to pull up google on the keyboard screen and not clutter the main screen.
I'll just put my phone next to my keyboard... :P

BeauBurn

I'm sure if the game catches on and enough users start asking for it, Razor will put something out.

Not sure I would buy it to be honest. Anything that requires looking down at the keyboard seems like a flaw to me. I agree its cool to have screens and other trinkets on the keyboard, but It takes away some immersion.

Grimnir9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBurn View Post
I'm sure if the game catches on and enough users start asking for it, Razor will put something out.

Not sure I would buy it to be honest. Anything that requires looking down at the keyboard seems like a flaw to me. I agree its cool to have screens and other trinkets on the keyboard, but It takes away some immersion.
It could be argued that having a browser pop up in the middle of the screen in a zombie or monster infested area breaks immersion as well.

Serra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnir9 View Post
It could be argued that having a browser pop up in the middle of the screen in a zombie or monster infested area breaks immersion as well.
Sure they could animate it and make it look like its on your phone, but then it would be tiny.

damny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arns Rike View Post
This is my setup and been for awhile
I'll have to start using my G13 again too. Seven keys in the top row, some people call it "one too many", I call it "fate"...