Jitterbug

DefaultNoob Q - healing in TSW

Hi again,

I have been doing a bit of research (as things are slow at work today - yay) and seem to gather that Blood (for shields) and Rifle (for leech) is the pure healer build. Can someone second that?
Furthermore, I would like to know from someone (if it does not breach the NDA) how the healing actually works... are there any similarities to AoC (which I think had the coolest, and most fun, PvP healing ever - very engaging and in-your-face type healing)? Are there any similarities to WoW (the whack-a-mole approach)? Do healers still dps a lot or do they hang back...? That sort of thing.
Any links to posts or articles will also be much appreciated.

Thank you kind forum :-)

Judgment

You forgot about Fists. Fists (HoTs) is the third "weapon" that can heal. As for how healing style goes, I don't personally know. But I don't think we'll be seeing the blue/green/big heal system like in AoC.

Jitterbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgment View Post
You forgot about Fists. Fists (HoTs) is the third "weapon" that can heal. As for how healing style goes, I don't personally know. But I don't think we'll be seeing the blue/green/big heal system like in AoC.
Oh, okay hadn't spotted the fists - thanks for that.

As to the color-healing from AoC (as I think you're referring to) I was more hinting to the conal type heal that forces healers up close and personal. Seems like the fists might do that tho

Judgment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
Oh, okay hadn't spotted the fists - thanks for that.

As to the color-healing from AoC (as I think you're referring to) I was more hinting to the conal type heal that forces healers up close and personal. Seems like the fists might do that tho
From what we've heard in a PvP thread, all healing is ranged, actually. I don't remember exactly which thread it was, but I believe it was Snow who said that.

Judgment

Found it: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...&postcount=189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
* All healing is ranged, so roots and snares doesn't hinder a healers as much, unless you're good at at timing and using line-of-sight.
So maybe we'll see cones, but I don't think healers will have to be positioned just right for their heals to be effective. We know Shotguns have some abilities that shoot in a cone!

Jitterbug

Thanks for the links :-)

Good to know these things... don't quite get how fist weapons can heal if all healing is ranged though...

shadowp

Quote:

Good to know these things... don't quite get how fist weapons can heal if all healing is ranged though...
from what i gather, "fist" healing is more like eastern thingies with ki/mantra and etc.

it isn't hit you teammate to full health (ala swtor).

don't forget that weapons are just a means to channel your own power, you whielding fist weapons and simply "casting" a long rang heal is feasable.

Judgment

Quote:

I hope its like Water-bending!

"Are you in pain?" Bends some water into the tanks face.