cursedreject

DefaultFPS Problems

Playing this game has become somewhat of a hassle. Besides having to patch and import every single time the game launches, trying to get a decent frame rate on any setting just seems impossible.

I have an HP Pavilion DV6-6135dx laptop running with Quadcore AMD A8-3500M processors, Dual Graphics (6620G and 6750M), overclocked at 2300Mhz with 6gb of RAM

Before you say "ooh youre running a laptop that's probably why they arent meant to play games" or what ever, I can run most games at at 40+ fps on medium to max settings (unless I have AA on or DX11) but no matter what settings I have for TSW, the most consistent frame rate I get is around 22. It knocks up to 40 sometimes on really low but the game looks terrible and out of date.

I've played Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim, LoL, Crysis 2, Batman Arkham City, Blacklight Retribution, Mass Effect etc with high frame rates on some of the highest settings (needless to say max graphics on these games are much better than this on low) so being unable to play this game with at least a steady 30 frames per second regardless of resolution, FXAA, Advanced Graphic Settings, Direct X9 or 11, view distance etc is extremely frustrating

So if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it or at least make sense of how poorly the game runs on my system

kassidus

This game and age of conan take quite a bit to run, if ou want to know if its just this game or not go download the age of conan its free to play, if that doesnt run well either its your system

but really this game is a hog

cursedreject

//I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

cursedreject

thanks kass i'll try and download it overnight and see how it plays

Kevlarkent

i have a 2700k, a msi 570 twin frozr 3 and 8 gb ram, i can run it with everything on max and smooth as a newborn.
im not that good at the software stuff but afaik mmos in general and tsw especially is more proccessor heavy than ur average singleplayer fps. Also, from what i can see (dont know that much about amd), urs seem pretty old and u should think about upgrading.
heard trinity seems alot more promising than what bulldozer was

Kzak

The Beta of TSW also has debug code running in it, which might reduce the FPS count.

JerryC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlarkent View Post
i have a 2700k, a msi 570 twin frozr 3 and 8 gb ram, i can run it with everything on max and smooth as a newborn.
im not that good at the software stuff but afaik mmos in general and tsw especially is more proccessor heavy than ur average singleplayer fps. Also, from what i can see (dont know that much about amd), urs seem pretty old and u should think about upgrading.
heard trinity seems alot more promising than what bulldozer was
The a8 is fairly new its one of them all in one cpu & gpu together things. The weak point would be more the gpu part, although the integrated graphics are a good leap above Intel integrated graphics they aren't the sane as a dedicated card. I also don't believe this guy can play crisis 2 or arkham city on medium to high settings with integrated graphics, skyrim would be pushing it too. From what I understand the processor port of the a series is simmilar to phenom 2 quad core so should be ok.

Ahkronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzak View Post
The Beta of TSW also has debug code running in it, which might reduce the FPS count.
I wonder if it send information packets from time to time, because there was a noticeable cyclic semi-random fps drop/game shutter. Most beta's have this.

Esilenna

There seems to be an accumulation of memory too. When I start the open beta I'm at 40-ish fps, after 5 hours of log in I was down to 2-3 ... Exiting and restarting the game put me back at 40.

Heavn

i play with 4 - 8 frps >.> this isnt normal? x: