Ankriston

DefaultVoice actors, secret world.

So last night, my husband and I were watching Ghostrider ( I seriously need a new MMO to play, ) and when I heard Sam Elliot talk, I was reminded of the guy who you talk to when you first get to Kingsmouth, the guy right outside Argatha, that sounds like a cowboy? I can't for the life of me remember his name..
I have tried finding information on the voices behind the NPC's in TSW, but apparently my google skills are lousy!
Anyone able/willing to point me in the right direction?
Avelody ( rhymes with A Melody )

All who wander are not lost, except maybe for me

Col.Kernel

I haven't been able to find voice credits for TSW either.

But I swear the Orochi guy on the bridge (Harrison?) is Tim Russ. Tim Russ played Tuvok in ST:Voyager

Been meaning to start a thread on this, so thanks!

popober

You mean Jack Boone? I think that guy's voiced by Steve Blum though, he's a professional VA, very big on the VActing scene, not on live action.
We invoke chaos to maintain balance, we are Dragon.

Ankriston

I seem to remember reading something about that, I think that IS Tim Russ! Isn't there a reference to Star Trek when he talks too? Come to think of it, the "cowboy" also makes references to Hell when he talks to you... hmmm...

Col.Kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankriston View Post
I seem to remember reading something about that, I think that IS Tim Russ! Isn't there a reference to Star Trek when he talks too? Come to think of it, the "cowboy" also makes references to Hell when he talks to you... hmmm...
IIRC it's the girl (Anne?) who makes the Star Trek reference, and he comments on it.

Ankriston

i THOUGHT his name was Boone, but I wasn't sure!

popober

If it's the guy at this vid at about 8mins in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFQOV...5&feature=plcp

Then the guy is voiced by Steve Blum.
We invoke chaos to maintain balance, we are Dragon.

sgrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Kernel View Post
IIRC it's the girl (Anne?) who makes the Star Trek reference, and he comments on it.
Other way around. He says something about redshirts and she asks if he just made a star trek reference.

CorpSanct

http://wiki.crygaia.com/wiki/Category:Voice_actors

Found that by doing a search for Voice Actors on the forums. Could be more if you look up the topics (I'm too lazy right now to do the research sorry )
We do not know death... only change.
We cannot kill each other without killing ourselves.
Your vision... so small... that you cannot see the value of our way?

Frostbeard

There are actually some very well-known actors doing voices in this game. There was a thread about it not long ago. There's also a page on the crygaia wiki devoted to known voice actors in the game.

As far as Star Trek goes, Tim Russ (Tuvok), Armin Shimmerman (Quark), and Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun) are all part of the cast. There's bound to be more if we ever get a full cast list.