grimnus

Aidelon Blaze is funny. Use chains or whatever to flip the afflicted flag. Often with Blood, you can eventually get an attack-based shield that's pretty solid. Mix in some penetration buffs.

The text on Blaze was bugged last I saw though, it can't make up its mind whether it's single-target or multi-target. I suspect the first will be what sticks as it hits pretty hard.

Macbethdeath

At the moment I'm running a Pistol/Hammer build. It focuses on Weaken and Crit.

Actives:

- Hair Trigger
- Haymaker
- Hell to Pay
- Shake and Bake
- Start & Finish
- Shockwave
- Deadly Aim

Passives:

- Sweetspot
- Gnosis
- Fear and Wonder
- Elemental Force
- Increased Focus
- Gunsmoke
- Authority

Seems to solo a bit slower than the Shotgun/Pistol build I was using, but I'm alot more durable. The heal from Sweetspot procs all the time and keeps me at about 90% on Yellow Conned mobs. I have a bit more trouble on swarming mobs, so I switch back to Shotgun if I know there's a few in the area.

Lathund

Only used a Pistol/AR build and a Pistol/Blades with a Focus, erm, focus (Paladin deck like), I found the latter worked better. Good AoE and very good single-target DPS.

Lurch

Fists/shotgun with slight tweaks on active/passives depending on situation. Blasts/impairments with passive healing no downtime lots of survivability.

damny

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimnus View Post
The text on Blaze was bugged last I saw though, it can't make up its mind whether it's single-target or multi-target. I suspect the first will be what sticks as it hits pretty hard.
It's single target. But it's still pretty good with its accompanying passive due to how often you can use it.

grimnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by damny View Post
It's single target. But it's still pretty good with its accompanying passive due to how often you can use it.
Yeah, being able to hit for 1-2k every four seconds is not shabby. Crit Pen!

The only major drawback is that it doesn't have Strike typing...

Swordmage

I have been happy with rifle/chaos, but really whatever is fun for you will be the best build. I would suggest some form of ranged attack for pulling the non-social enemies away from other enemies that would proximity aggro you.

SkyRobo1

I went with with a solid AOE focus build with Rifle and Elementalism.
And a Semi survival build with Hammer and Shotgun.
I mix and match depending on who Im fighting.

I am also thinking of trying Shotgun and Elemental or Rifle and Chaos.
Well Maybe...

bwar

Any build you want with "Turn the Tables" from the Misc tree (Survivalism I think).

Additionally 'Martial Discipline' & 'Point of Harmony' are great self heals from the Blades tree.

Narcix

And so begins the rat race to discover the strongest builds possible. You see trying to remove phrases like "XP " and "level " or "class " changes nothing for TSW. Nevermind threads about how these things still exist but under new names. %95 of the playerbase will choose what the feel they will have the most fun with then later change it to what (through careful number crunching) someone else tells them is better.

I'm not saying its good or bad. This thread will repeat itself a thousand times during the life of TSW. I'm just saying whether you think the way the skill system works is fresh or something we've seen with new name's doesn't matter. The end result will be the same.
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."
--- Winston Churchill