Aruken

DefaultBlue Mountain Solo build advise!

Now that i am in Blue mountain I feel like my build is not quiet up to the task if you know what i mean If anyone cared to give the build he used to go through this particular zone it would be great thank you

Temet Nosce

Have you farmed through Inferno thoroughly? That said, I'm having no trouble at all with the zone (did Darkness War under geared before doing anything else in the zone), and I'm using a Blades/blood build focusing on affliction/penetration stacks with passive heals and the blade defense/heal skill, using mainly AoE and affliction exploit attacks.

Aruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temet Nosce View Post
Have you farmed through Inferno thoroughly? That said, I'm having no trouble at all with the zone (did Darkness War under geared before doing anything else in the zone), and I'm using a Blades/blood build focusing on affliction/penetration stacks with passive heals and the blade defense/heal skill, using mainly AoE and affliction exploit attacks.
with damage gear i presume?

Thorbrand

I would say make sure you are able to handle any situation. If you can have heals available, single target build and a AOE build.

jest118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temet Nosce View Post
Farming Inferno is not necessary to gear up properly for Blue Mountain. Just quest throughout the Savage Coast thoroughly and you should be geared well enough. You should also level enough to have plenty of SP and AP to be specced efficiently as well (assuming you're not just throwing around AP with reckless abandon).

Ithule

I did every quest in Kingsmouth Town (I think), I'm about half way through savage coast, and ive done 8 instance runs. Currenly i could use QL7 weapons and QL6 talismans. Dont worry about rushing through the content too fast. If you do all the main quests and pick up the side quests you find on the way, you will get more than enough AP/SP to get all the skills you need to progress.

Temet Nosce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruken View Post
Correct, although I carry a backup set of tanking gear just in case, and I formerly carried some healing gear as well (I'd like to have some +heal, but the farther in game I get the less it seems worth it to go hybrid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
Farming Inferno is not necessary to gear up properly for Blue Mountain. Just quest throughout the Savage Coast thoroughly and you should be geared well enough. You should also level enough to have plenty of SP and AP to be specced efficiently as well (assuming you're not just throwing around AP with reckless abandon).
Necessary? Probably not, but it certainly helps, and may mean the difference between smooth progression and staggering a bit. The gear there is a reasonable step up from the rest of what's available on the Savage Coast.

KarilisVanoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruken View Post
If you have an offensive build and are trying to solo, make sure you don't just equip +attack gear. Grab one or two tank items, or if you're offensive/healing, maybe one tank item one heal item and the rest damage. It'll up your survivability enough that the lost dps is outweighed by you outlasting the mobs.