Severai

DefaultWhite Marks of Venice

Can anyone tell me how/why these are earned/awarded?

My Rank 3 Dragon received 243 Marks around the time he gained his rank, so I thought the two were connected ... HOWEVER, my new Templar received 4245 Marks ... somehow, for something, something possibly so secret that even she didn't know what she was doing - before she even reached Rank 2 (I noticed when she was about halfway to Rank 2).

So, colour me confused.

Candycane

They are PVP rewards. White comes from Fusang, and Black from El Dorado and Stonehenge, to my knowledge.
From Arcadia with love

Severai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane View Post
They are PVP rewards. White comes from Fusang, and Black from El Dorado and Stonehenge, to my knowledge.
Interesting.

VERY interesting.

Very very interesting, because I have never PVP'd. On any character.

atama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycane View Post
So why do I have a ton of them? Do they get handed out to everyone in the faction when the faction takes over Fusang? I've never PvP'd in this game before.

Ithnag

Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severai View Post
Can anyone tell me how/why these are earned/awarded?

My Rank 3 Dragon received 243 Marks around the time he gained his rank, so I thought the two were connected ... HOWEVER, my new Templar received 4245 Marks ... somehow, for something, something possibly so secret that even she didn't know what she was doing - before she even reached Rank 2 (I noticed when she was about halfway to Rank 2).

So, colour me confused.
PvP, Minigames give those marks, check the "rewards" tab to see which one gives what color.

In Fusang both the "kill 10 enemies" and "capture an anima well" missions give white marks, and the "capture a facility" mission gives black Marks of Venice

Severai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atama View Post
So why do I have a ton of them? Do they get handed out to everyone in the faction when the faction takes over Fusang? I've never PvP'd in this game before.
Ahhh ... that might make sense.
*points to the Templar having lots of the things*

jest118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
PvP, Minigames give those marks, check the "rewards" tab to see which one gives what color.

In Fusang both the "kill 10 enemies" and "capture an anima well" missions give white marks, and the "capture a facility" mission gives black Marks of Venice
It's not quite that clear cut though as you do get awarded marks for something when you're not in PvP. I've seen my marks grow when just doing PvP, though it isn't clear exactly how. Perhaps when you grow in Faction Rank?

Ithnag

Ab Initio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severai View Post
Ahhh ... that might make sense.
*points to the Templar having lots of the things*
Hmm, that's interesting. As is Templars would be swamped on them, Illuminati would have several and the Dragon would be broke.

White ones are the "cheaper" ones and easier to come by, to buy anything good with them after rank... 4? you need several blacks and a ton of whites.

Snow

Your whole Secret Society get rewarded depending on how much they have controlled Fusang project. This is done weekly, during downtime.

atama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Your whole Secret Society get rewarded depending on how much they have controlled Fusang project. This is done weekly, during downtime.
Ah so I guessed right! Thanks for the clarification.