dakirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox187 View Post
I tired to get more info from a GM and he was unusually rude and dismissive which I found odd as up to now all the GM's I have spoken too have been very good.
Don't let this slip. Contact the e-mail support and tell them the GM's name.

A lot of new GMs were trained and I remember Lucien or Ole saying somewhere that you should really submit an e-mail ticket if you received a bad response from an in-game GM so that they can resolve it and work on their "training."

Staalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox187 View Post
Ok fair enough, you have a point and I would have happily done my part in the beta had I got invited to it.

But that is not the point here.

Funcom are offering those subscribers that sub for 3 months or more free points to use in the store, the more you spend the more points you get.

Well GM'ers spent hundreds and we get nothing because they already have our money. I for one would not have brought GM if I had known points would be available for a sub the items on the GM mean nothing to me compared to saving some of the cash I will inevitably spend in the store on points.

It is the worst kind of underhanded marketing.
You get nothing? Did you seriously write that? Surely my eyes are playing tricks on me.

You will never pay another dime for TSW, ever, unless you choose to. How greedy are you really?

The one year deal is just barely cheaper than a lifetime account. But in 12 months you can pay that price again and get some more points. Meanwhile, I will enjoy my GM account that never has to pay that monthly fee, ever.

You got the better deal, even if you consider the price of buying that many points yourself.

Do the math. Every 12 months, you pay 150 to 180 bucks, or you pay 200 once. In a years time a GM account has paid for itself. By the second year, you have saved nearly half what someone else paid. If you buy the same points they get with their deal, you STILL spend less money.

It's not like the points get you anything but cosmetic items anyway. There is nothing in the store that gives you an advantage...

But hey, I bet if you write a nice polite email to Funcom, ask them to convert you to the 1 year deal with free points they will gladly do it. It's a better deal for THEM.

Also this is a "launch" deal, meaning it won't be the same in 12 months when it runs out. You will probably not get points next year as there is only one launch. Price will be higher and the points likely gone as well. It's a one time offer for launch. You chose the better deal, even if you don't see it now. Unless you plan to quit playing in 12 months, but then you'd have to ask why you even bought the GM pack at all.

You get nothing....wow, that is like hearing the 16 year old kid driving around in a Mercedes whine about how his parents never buy him anything.

Liminal

It takes a minimum of 2 years for the cost of the GrandMaster/Lifetime package to just barely become a better deal than the yearly subscription package with bonus points.

For the sake of comparison, I'm assuming that you buy the same yearly sub for $152.00 with 5760 bonus Funcom points, and that the GrandMaster subscriber also purchases exactly 5760 funcom points per year. I'm calculating Funcom Points at $0.0083 each (which is what they currently cost for all bundles; there is no discount for buying more points at once).

Here's how it looks over time (the totals in bold are how much you've spent so far):

Year 1
Yearly Sub Deal (5760 pts incl'd):
$152.00

Lifetime Sub (plus 5760 pts): $200 (one-time cost) + $47.808 (cost of points) =
$247.808

Year 2 (cumulative)
Yearly Sub Deal (11,520 pts incl'd):
$304.00

Lifetime Sub (plus 11,520 pts): $200 (one-time cost) + $96.616 (cost of points) =
$295.616

Year 3 (cumulative)
Yearly Sub Deal (17,280 pts incl'd):
$456.00

Lifetime Sub (plus 17,280 pts): $200 (one-time cost) + $143.424 (cost of points) =
$343.424

Year 4 (cumulative)
Yearly Sub Deal (23,040 pts incl'd):
$608.00

Lifetime Sub (plus 23,040 pts): $200 (one-time cost) + $191.232 (cost of points) =
$343.424
The lifetime sub is only marginally better after 2 years (a difference of less than $10), but becomes a substantially better deal by the end of the third year (saving you over $100). And it keeps getting better over time, saving you 320 bucks after 5 years! This is assuming the lifetimer buys all those points and that the yearly sub offer remains available; if either of those things is untrue, the lifetime sub is an even better deal.

Still, after all that, I admit it feels a bit disappointing that a new yearly subscriber starts off spending less money out-of-pocket and gets 5760 free points in his wallet, while a dedicated lifetimer has to shell out another $50 to get those points (and possibly wait several days for their transaction to process).
error

code2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalker View Post
You get nothing....wow, that is like hearing the 16 year old kid driving around in a Mercedes whine about how his parents never buy him anything.
Well, I think I actually forked out closer to $250, after the initiate pack and the game purchase are added to the life sub... but yeah my wanting to get some kind of points to encourage me to use the ingame store is just an inflated sense of entitlement :roll:

Look at other games that use in game stores and life time subs and you will see its not uncommon at all for lifers to get some small allowance in currency. CO took this approach, and its just leads to a happy community that are spending even more on flashy ingame store stuff, which in turn encourages other players to do so because they wanna look cool too.

Far be it for me to tell Funcom how to structure their business model, but I seriously think you need to step down with calling people whiners. These people made a substantial cash investment in the game and they are just voicing their views to Funcom.
Name calling is NOT something that should be tolerated in a mature MMO community so kindly check yourself.

Senome

quick question ? how long did AoC take to go free to play ? i do not think any subscription times should look beyond that for grand master packs. the game already has the in game store that uses real money all set up. they already have xp potions that i recieved 10 of, which gives me 20 % exp for 4 hours each. not to say, the last 3 games i bought lifetime memberships to did go free to play >.<

the option to buy the gm pack is still around, if to many buy into it. they will go free to play as it will be more money for them. seen it before, will see it again...

elisah

After speaking with CS, i've comed to the conclussion that Grand Master buyers are screwed of any funcom bonus offers.

If you wasnt in closed beta before 6/6-12 and got the bonus offer. Too bad you missed 36.000 Funcom Bonus Points

If you pre-ordered any package and subscription BEFORE launch. Too bad, you missed out on any Funcom Bonus Points going with that subscription

If you ordered Grand Master Package. Too bad, they only offer Funcom Bonus Points to subscribers (And this appearently dont include life-time subscribers)

edit: I might become happy again i brought Grand Master Package, but right now im both frustrated and irritated that i gave them my money, since it dont pay off the next 2 years.
Oh and their only comfort was: The rewards from Initiate and Grand Master Package (Snakeskin jacket), cant be obtained anymore.

Paradox187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
Don't let this slip. Contact the e-mail support and tell them the GM's name.

A lot of new GMs were trained and I remember Lucien or Ole saying somewhere that you should really submit an e-mail ticket if you received a bad response from an in-game GM so that they can resolve it and work on their "training."
I did just that.

Paradox187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staalker View Post
You get nothing? Did you seriously write that? Surely my eyes are playing tricks on me.
<snip>
I will just let the posts after yours answer for me as they have done a good job of it.

Theriot

I bought a car last month and them sumbeeches now have it on sale this month! /rabblerabblerabble

/happy with my GM
Lannister Group
Maps • Missions • Lore • Hints

XXWhiteKnightXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriot View Post
I bought a car last month and them sumbeeches now have it on sale this month! /rabblerabblerabble

/happy with my GM
I am pocked and ashalled... I mean, locked and abashed... I mean... Oh! Whatever!

I'm happy with the GM pack. If I WANT to contribute more to FC, I will. If I don't -- oh well. Something about people getting 'free' points? Pshaw!
Either so many people will complain that GM packs may get some minor stipend (unlikely), or if the game goes F2P (unlikely any time soon), GM packs will (probably) get the FC points, while everyone else STILL has to pay for the stuff we'll be getting without a monthly cost.
Identity Confirmed : 120