kryster

Thumbs upauto attack slot

can we have a slot that we can put 1 skill as auto attack ?

when we right click mob or assign a key for it , it will keep casting .

alMitE

There is no auto-attack ability in this game so there is no need for a slot for it, and if you are asking them to add one, I highly doubt that would ever happen, it would change combat way too much.

Oscarr

He means a slot you can put a skill in, like a simple resource builder, that it will keep casting/activating/using once toggled on.

It would be an alternative to spamming the '3' key (or whatever key your main builder is bound to) over and over.

Huggernaut

I don't hate the idea of something like this. I am always just spamming 1 or 2 until I can hit my bigger attack.

Darks

Given that sometimes I feel tempted to enable auto-fire on the mouse button that fires my builder, I'm all for an auto-attack slot.

psm

The idea is, generally, not a bad one. Give one of the slots a different color and whenever the Ability is on CD, it fires. Might be nice for an automatic heal of buff, or may be used for an Auto-attack as described in the OP.

There is one big flaw though. Most instant Abilities (ans most others) are on a global 1 second cooldown. It is a shared cooldown, meaning that only one of the Abilities will be triggered. So if you have your instant Attack on Auto, you will never be able to fire another Ability. The other problem is that there is a trigger queue (indicated by the gold rim around the icon). You hit 1, while 2 is active and everything is still on cooldown, 1 will trigger the moment the GCD is over. When is the Autoattack triggered then?

Darks

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm View Post
The idea is, generally, not a bad one. Give one of the slots a different color and whenever the Ability is on CD, it fires. Might be nice for an automatic heal of buff, or may be used for an Auto-attack as described in the OP.

There is one big flaw though. Most instant Abilities (ans most others) are on a global 1 second cooldown. It is a shared cooldown, meaning that only one of the Abilities will be triggered. So if you have your instant Attack on Auto, you will never be able to fire another Ability. The other problem is that there is a trigger queue (indicated by the gold rim around the icon). You hit 1, while 2 is active and everything is still on cooldown, 1 will trigger the moment the GCD is over. When is the Autoattack triggered then?
The easiest way would be to integrate the autoattack with the cooldowns system (including GCD) and the ability queue. In other words, the auto-attack ability does not enter the queue, but whenever the ability queue is empty and the auto-attack ability can be used (has resources, is in range, is out of cooldown, the GCD is not in effect), it fires. If the player has pressed anything else (and, thus, has anything in the queue), whatever is in the queue fires instead.

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

Do not want auto-attack.

strykr619

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryster View Post
can we have a slot that we can put 1 skill as auto attack ?

when we right click mob or assign a key for it , it will keep casting .
no thanks.

Enepttastic

Horrible idea due to various aspects of the game's mechanics. There are times you need to STOP ATTACKING ASAP. Continuing otherwise can kill you, or perhaps your group.

Any abilities that have a cast time(at least in AR) also slow you down, again this can be bad if you do not stop this if you need to get out of an AoE charging up in PvE.

Finally, there are several passives that focus on hit counters that buffs the next attack once the counter hits a certain number. You will often want either a specific ability to use the proc or hit a specific mob. Autoattacking will cause you issues with this.

In other words, while it may be nice for you, it will not make the game easier in the long run and you will gain a lot of bad habits.

This is not meant to be played exactly like previous MMOs. Adapt or not, but quit asking for the game to adapt to you when it comes to mechanics.
They only want you to shout something they feel appropriate when you feel like shouting. They don't care about the package, just the gift wrap. They don't advocate peace. They don't care if you speak with hate. They want only to change the exact words as if the WORDS are what makes discourse hateful or distasteful. They think the avoidance of certain words is gonna signal an education. ~ Penn Jillette