Asghan

DefaultPriority of Crit Rating/Crit Power/Hit/Penetration for DPS builds

It's quite obvoius that Crit Rating/Crit Power/Hit/Penetration is what every DPS whats in his gear.. but how to balance it to work really good for us? How to prioritise this 4 bonuses properly ?

Woden

Depends on your passives and to some degree your actives.

If you have a build where everything triggers off of crit, crit will be far more valuable than pen.
Loyalty, Honour, Valour. Always.
For over 15 years.
Illuminati || Cerberus

Wodan_Asason on the beta boards.

Asghan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Depends on your passives and to some degree your actives.

If you have a build where everything triggers off of crit, crit will be far more valuable than pen.
Personaly i'm using crit build (Magus deck with some tweaks) but it's so depressing to see that some potentially awesome crit goes to waste because of Block of Glance.

Gukt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asghan View Post
Personaly i'm using crit build (Magus deck with some tweaks) but it's so depressing to see that some potentially awesome crit goes to waste because of Block of Glance.
Moaaar hit.

kendokken

I tend to focus on Hit/Pen

I do this because Hit removes glances (which crits and pens can still glance).
Pen will usually hit harder than a crit without having to waste stats on a 2nd *power like Crit Power for Crit. In addition it reduces the enemies Block chance which again Crits can be blocked.

With this setup I rarely get blocks or glances and my damage still stays high due to lots of penetrating hits. Through in some passives that proc on hit/penetrate and your flying high.