Speedstersonic

DefaultPlease please please change the lockout system!

Swtor did this the wrong way, Please adapt a dcuo lockout system where you get locked out of loot rolls but can do the instance again you just can't roll on loot! This helps cabals that don't have a number of players divisible by the amount allowed in instances! So we can run stuff more than once to help out other players! PLEASE DON'T GO THE ROUTE OF SWTOR THAT MADE ME QUIT THAT GAME AS IT CAUSED TOO MUCH ISSUES WITH OUR GUILD AND PEOPLE NOT BEING ABLE TO RUN STUFF! This would also fix the whole you get dc'd out of an instance and are locked out. Please allow us to do instances as much as we want just lock out loot rolls for people locked! This is my one and only qualm about this game so far!

Speedstersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnaplepumpkin View Post
I agree. Don't bother with recruiting more player for specific roles, just simply petition the devs to make a game change to suit the need of one guild.

I hurd that made WoW relly gud.
Wow, way to be so freaking sarcastic, we CONSTANTLY recruit more players, HENCE the freaking problem. the amount of players fluctuates, WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE NOT BE ABLE TO RERUN STUFF TO HELP PEOPLE? HOW DOES THIS HURT THE GAME AT ALL IF THEY LOCK LOOT ROLLS OUT? I really hate people like you with negative attitudes. Like i said, DCUO does it and we still go back and raid in there cause we can help other players out. like i said, why even bother saying something like that when it would only help cabals not hurt them?

And it wasn't just one guild it hurt in swtor, it was very, very many that complained about that as well.

cassavir

How about for the 16-hour lockout timer, it's instead a "lock-in" timer that forces you into the same instance of the map for the 16 hours? That way you aren't brutally punished with an accidental DC and/or have some time flexibility to complete it, but it keeps you from running the dungeon more than once per timer.

Nenjin

Wait; your whole cabal is locked out of the instance if some of you run it? Having a hard time following over ALL THE UNNECESSARY CAPS.

Speedstersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassavir View Post
How about for the 16-hour lockout timer, it's instead a "lock-in" timer that forces you into the same instance of the map for the 16 hours? That way you aren't brutally punished with an accidental DC and/or have some time flexibility to complete it, but it keeps you from running the dungeon more than once per timer.
Did you read the post at all? This is still what they need to avoid.

Speedstersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenjin View Post
Wait; your whole cabal is locked out of the instance if some of you run it? Having a hard time following over ALL THE UNNECESSARY CAPS.
No, you just can't rerun an instance during lockouts and just not be able to roll on loot.

akeashar

Ok. I think I can kind of understand what the OP said.

Solution: Invite non cabal people into your instance runs.

Speedstersonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeashar View Post
Ok. I think I can kind of understand what the OP said.

Solution: Invite non cabal people into your instance runs.
Have any of you raided in DCUO? It seriously has the best raiding lockout system, other than a scheduled day reset, which I like the timer here better. Why is everyone so against this? >.>

And that solution is terrible as most people would rather not have pugs in cabal runs.

Dyskrasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedstersonic View Post
And that solution is terrible as most people would rather not have pugs in cabal runs.
Can I point out that that's probably the reason for it?
Yeah, if you don't have to look for other people, you wont. And that leaves a lot of people out.

gimpy

Isnt TSW rated 16?