Zoot

DefaultCross Faction Cabals a Possibility?

Seems like it would make sense. Since our faction is our big affiliation already and we are sort of unified against the common threat cabal's could be the semi organized groups that get together to fight things in their own way.

I ask because I've been able to recruit a few more friends to play (who've recruited some friends as well) and everyone is drawn to different factions which is understandable. We're all on multiple servers since three of us are on Cerberus and that was full when the more recent players signed up.

Luckily the cross dimension and cross faction grouping has made all those things moot and we can play together when we want in everything but Fusang. None of us really feel a huge need to have a Cabal after years of dealing with our old Guild but it would be nice to have a private chat channel and a shared Bank.

So to the devs.....any chance of allowing cross faction players to be in the same Cabal?

Serra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Seems like it would make sense.
Since it doesn't fit the game lore, it will never happen.

Uvirith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra View Post
Unfotunately thats the reason I couldnt get my guild to join me in the secret world :/

Matadorr

Lumies in one cabal with Templars? Uhmm... No. They still got Europe to pay.

dakirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Unfotunately thats the reason I couldnt get my guild to join me in the secret world :/
With how trivial playing a faction is compared to enjoying the game it seems either you or them could have made a sacrifice. A lot of fun wasted because someone wouldn't compromise (and I won't take "I want to play X for RP Reasons" since single faction cabals is for RP reasons which makes it a bit hypocritical).
Sarahi - Grim

Zoridium JackL

while I see where you're coming from it would be a little difficult to implement from a lore point of view.

maybe if they changes cabals to some form of "joint task-force" sort of deal, but I don't know.
"I eat an apple, it stops me being hungry, I eat a steak, it stops me being hungry.
conclusion: just because the steak is called a steak doesn't make it not an apple."

"You’re very sure of your facts, I couldn’t trust the thinking of a man who takes the Universe – if there is one – for granted. "

Zoot

Quote:

What lore exactly? I don't agree.

A Cabal is a secret group in it's own right. We're already in a large Secret Society and we regularly group up with members of the opposing faction for all PVE content. If I can form a cross Faction Group to fight the games enemies it seems like a logical step that I could make that group semi official without my Faction ever knowing.

So tell me what Lore prevents cross faction Cabals but allows for cross faction grouping.

Slaunyeh

Seems the Cabal GUI has already been configured for multi-faction members. Maybe it's something they've intended to do down the line. Or maybe it was something they thought about initially but have since dropped.

Who knows.

Serra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Their loss really. Very small minded of them. I couldn't be part of a guild with that level of intelligence between them. I can't imagine the number of games your guild can't play because guilds don't cross faction lines. How many MMOs are there where guilds can be on both sides of the conflict? I can't think of one.

Zoot

Quote:
Their loss really. Very small minded of them.
I can see why people are drawn to the different factions. It's a big element in the story of the game.