Greymarch

DefaultThe Eye?

As Illuminati I've done the Rogue Agent mission so far, I was wondering if there is much further interaction or explanation about "The Eye", the "Pyramidion" that talks to you in memes and leetspeak and directs you? Does it ever explain who/what he/she/it is? I've heard people say it's an AI, but is that confirmed in-game?

Reason I ask is my cabal is kinda about spying and serving the Eye, and I just want to know before I base a bunch of cabal lore on something I make up that just gets disproved 5 hours of gameplay from now.

CaptainMark87

It's Vince Matsuka from Dexter. There, mystery solved :P

Toastngravy

Well, to clarify it's a troll AI. Heh.

I'm sure it's confirmed in game but I can't for the life of me remember where or if it even is.
Kitty Power!

Ainilome

Just on the AI subject:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothsch...iracy_theories

The announcer in the Labyrinth mentions "rebooting the Rothschild AI"
Delphi "Seeress" Marshall
Full Immersion Roleplay ☆ Evolving Storyline ☆ PvE & PvP Domination
Arcadia (RP)

Maeloda

I am 2/3-3/4 through Egypt and there is no info yet.

I am inclined to believe that he is an AI that taps into the entire Internet and then some.

Nyysjan

It's Morpheus.
Illuminati: We think, so you don't have to.

"Just look at all these fucks i give"

Torian @V4lmond always in character twitter account.

V1rgilius

This is just my theory:
Earth/Gaia is considered a sentient being designated as female, right?
The Eye/Pyramidion could be the same for the internet and the sum of all the networks, if a masculine equivalent.

Grimno

I believe The Eye is the Illuminati's knowledge base, not so much their leader.
I believe its a form of self-aware learning A.I. that is hooked up to a super computer that is hooked up to basically, everything. (Internet, powergrid, etc)

It basically lives inside the internet through it, absorbing new information as its released, able to look through people's webcams, control information, bypass security with ease, monitor stocks, learn memes, and so forth.
To me it makes sense since by doing so he would be a sort of "All Seeing Eye" and would make sense as how the Illuminati would become so powerful... being able to know EVERYTHING first and then censor it and release it to others for a price.

Just my take on it anyways.

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimno View Post
I believe The Eye is the Illuminati's knowledge base, not so much their leader.
I believe its a form of self-aware learning A.I. that is hooked up to a super computer that is hooked up to basically, everything. (Internet, powergrid, etc)

It basically lives inside the internet through it, absorbing new information as its released, able to look through people's webcams, control information, bypass security with ease, monitor stocks, learn memes, and so forth.
To me it makes sense since by doing so he would be a sort of "All Seeing Eye" and would make sense as how the Illuminati would become so powerful... being able to know EVERYTHING first and then censor it and release it to others for a price.

Just my take on it anyways.
Skynet, essentially.
Titanic Prometheus - God of forbidden light
Your Black Flame we bear inside as a legacy of your might

Illumination's father - God of shadowless light
Black Sun of dark mysteries - Restore the dragon's sight

Maeloda

Yep. The Eye is what enables the Illuminati to have rather tight control over North America, and presumably through 'globalization' and other methods, other continents. The Templar struggle against this, but they're more about old money that hand off power to the next generation, so they've found that even Europe is escaping their grasp and they have to consolidate.

When it comes to controlling the people, the Illuminati win (but the Dragon subvert them).
When it comes to controlling the rulers, the Templar win (but the Illuminati subvert them).
When it comes to controlling the flow of the world, the Dragon win (but the Templar subvert them) (via brute force crackdowns on Dragon actions).

Without things like the Eye (aka technological progress), the Illuminati would not have spread so easily, or had power over populations (which was previously the Templar's sole territory) and the world's direction (which was previously the Dragon's sole territory).