Solitaire

DefaultThe Big Terrible Picture

What a screw up this is.

You Funcom guys really messed this up.

Get rid of all the stupid rays and just make the quest better.

Because of all the various idiots clicking the crystals while someone else is attempting to solve the puzzle step, the quest gets bugged out, reset and causes all kinds of angst.

Remove all the rays, leave the crystals so when you click one, ONE ray appears and goes through the cycles of the direction the clicker wants the ray to go. Then they move to the next xystal and so on to the finish of this Tier.
Because of all the rays all over at multiple times, all kinds of players click this and that despite some other player might be almost done, only to have to start all over because some clown just reset the starter crystal.

The quest is not that important in this part of the tiers to make this part such a pain.

Zahzah

I gave feedback during closed beta that this was a horrible horrible idea for a quest.

It got to 3-4 pages of agreement and bug reports with it.

Obviously they disagreed with their beta testers' assessment.

Yosiah

I can't do this one I even gave in and checked a guide that shows which direction the light should flow, but I can't work out whether the crystals are rotating, or if they are bugged. Can't get them to go where I want.

Nostrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosiah View Post
I can't do this one I even gave in and checked a guide that shows which direction the light should flow, but I can't work out whether the crystals are rotating, or if they are bugged. Can't get them to go where I want.
Crystal should be shooting 1 beam of light, clicking the crystal rotates the beam, if this is not the case then it is bugged.

Solitaire

The biggest problem is that you can be on the last ray and someone can come along , click any random early crystal and screw you.
I have just been trying to get this to work for the past hour, almost had it to the 2nd to last crystal and someone comes along and resets it.

This quest should be removed from the game. Or at least reworked.
I actually thought this was one of the better quests up until this point. Everything was cool and unique, but this part of the quest spoils all my interest in the game. mainly because there are many of the quests that this happens because of multiple players trying to do the quest at the same time, be it this, The Black House, or any quest that has a puzzle attached to progress.

Maybe a simple solution to fix this is instance this part of the quest onward. Maybe that would eliminate other players resetting all the prior clicking that you have to do to move along the ray lines.

Solitaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrom View Post
Crystal should be shooting 1 beam of light, clicking the crystal rotates the beam, if this is not the case then it is bugged.
This is not the case as multiple rays are going, but even if you progress through some crystals, someone can come along and mess the pattern up with one click

Erill

I did this quest with others around clicking. I enjoyed it nonetheless and I'm glad it's still in game. I even worked with them, imagine that. You could also try talking to the people interacting with the quest so that they stop, they only need to be there when it completes for credit during the light beam part.

Emberlain

An even bigger problem is the crystals don't reset, so when the last person finally gives up and goes home you still can't give it a go because there are beams everywhere.
selkie : dragon : fist / elemental

Please don't PM me, my inbox is 'full'/bugged

Conspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrom View Post
Currently the crystals are shooting upwards of 4 lights, which is what is making this quest difficult now. I can't tell what is the real light.

Emberlain

Haha, yes, one beam each? When I was there today it was like a laser show. There was just a huge web of beams, 4 shooting from each.
selkie : dragon : fist / elemental

Please don't PM me, my inbox is 'full'/bugged