Reply
Thread Tools

darcy101

darcy101's Avatar

QuestionHelp! The best PVE build?

I do alot of solo questing and I am dying way too much! The difficulty is frustrating. I am using assault rifle/chaos magic and elementalism/blood magic and am currently in the savage coast with QL4 and QL5 gear. Any opinions on the most durable soloing build? Thank-you in advance.

Durin

Durin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcy101 View Post
I do alot of solo questing and I am dying way too much! The difficulty is frustrating. I am using assault rifle/chaos magic and elementalism/blood magic and am currently in the savage coast with QL4 and QL5 gear. Any opinions on the most durable soloing build? Thank-you in advance.
May I direct you to the correct subforum:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

atama

atama's Avatar
I love, love, love hammers and blades. Lots of defensive stuff and AoEs and self-heals. I may not mow through things incredibly fast but I almost always end a fight with more than half my health. I tried out every weapon in beta before settling on that combo. I'm most of the way through Blue Mountain and haven't yet run into anything that was especially difficult.

Azaron

Azaron's Avatar
I made it to full ql10 gear in Transylvania AR/pistol.

KarilisVanoth

No best pve build, period, different builds for different people, playstyles, and situations.

That being said, as much as I love being an adaptive player, I haven't had time to do my horizontal progression:

I uh... healtank and don't even bother to change out my build against any mob that has a shtick (I don't even bother unslotting agitator or fuel to the fire while solo, heh).

My weapons? Chaos and Assault Rifle, mostly just inner wheel chaos abilities, except the occasional helter skelter or reality fracture. Mostly outer ring heal abilities for AR except for anima shot. I had been using a tanking elite passive, but it turns out that veteran works just as well for me for keeping me alive.

Certainly not the best "blast them before they can do a big attack or get to me" build. Since... it takes me 6 minutes to kill a 20+k hp mob or a mob that can self-heal.

I can't purge buffs from mobs, but even heavily buffed mobs don't tend to be able to chew through my HP and my healing.

I -can- apply weakness to ten stacks, so there's no threat from anything that needs weakness applications.

I do as much damage in area effect as I do single target, but I tend not to be able to survive multiple pulls from non-linked enemies, since they aren't linked, they weren't meant to be killed as a group or they would have less hp and do less damage... so their combined DPS is usually enough to chip me away unless I have room to kite, and even then...

darcy101

darcy101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarilisVanoth View Post
No best pve build, period, different builds for different people, playstyles, and situations.

That being said, as much as I love being an adaptive player, I haven't had time to do my horizontal progression:

I uh... healtank and don't even bother to change out my build against any mob that has a shtick (I don't even bother unslotting agitator or fuel to the fire while solo, heh).

My weapons? Chaos and Assault Rifle, mostly just inner wheel chaos abilities, except the occasional helter skelter or reality fracture. Mostly outer ring heal abilities for AR except for anima shot. I had been using a tanking elite passive, but it turns out that veteran works just as well for me for keeping me alive.

Certainly not the best "blast them before they can do a big attack or get to me" build. Since... it takes me 6 minutes to kill a 20+k hp mob or a mob that can self-heal.

I can't purge buffs from mobs, but even heavily buffed mobs don't tend to be able to chew through my HP and my healing.

I -can- apply weakness to ten stacks, so there's no threat from anything that needs weakness applications.

I do as much damage in area effect as I do single target, but I tend not to be able to survive multiple pulls from non-linked enemies, since they aren't linked, they weren't meant to be killed as a group or they would have less hp and do less damage... so their combined DPS is usually enough to chip me away unless I have room to kite, and even then...
I, too, am Chaos and Assault Rifle.I am liking this build so far and though I am not, probably, as technical a player as you, the leeching affects from the Assault Rifle abilities and passives really help when facing a tough mob.The Chaos AOE's come in handy also.

darcy101

darcy101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
May I direct you to the correct subforum:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Thank-you for the link, it's really helping me to figure out a build and playstyle thats right for me.

darcy101

darcy101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
May I direct you to the correct subforum:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
You just directed me right back to this subforum.This IS the builds and decks subforum and my post IS about the best PVE BUILD.I think I was in the right place already but thanks anyways, I think.

Enzd

Enzd's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcy101 View Post
You just directed me right back to this subforum.This IS the builds and decks subforum and my post IS about the best PVE BUILD.I think I was in the right place already but thanks anyways, I think.
I think he linked that to you to suggest that you could look around it and read some of the threads. Posts like this are made often and truthfully there is no "best" PvE build for just anyone. There isn't a best anything really.

Soloability also isn't entirely dependent upon your ability build. You say you're in QL4s and 5s. Are they greens or blues? How much +health do you have? Some people have found that simply having some decent +health items along with attack power gear adds more to their survivability than having any healing skills on their bar; in fact they tend to go without healing entirely.
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.