mindw0rk

DefaultWhat is the highest dps build for dungeons?

Anyone figured this out? I'm pretty sure Elementalism is a must. 100% crit blazes cant be beat for sustain dps. What is the second? Is shotty the best choice for several instant cast high damage shots?
mJoker, Dragon PvP elite squad

Knuckledust

There are several builds other than Elementalist that can achieve very high DPS, people just use blaze constantly because it's the cookie cutter and people are too scared to step away from cookie cutter to try new stuff.

Just look at tanks.. 95% of them are chaos/blade because of the cookie cutter tendency, despite being possible to tank with many other weapons.

Look into Blood or Fist!

GeZoR

Depends on your group setup.

mindw0rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckledust View Post
There are several builds other than Elementalist that can achieve very high DPS
Topic is not about "high dps". Its about which build has potential to give the highest dps possible in PvE. Maybe some PvE guilds already made parses

Aela

We have someone in our guild who used to make the higher dps Rift builds, and he has been spending some time working on it. He has been testing out a number of builds, using the dummies for base parse comparison.

The best he has found thus far is a Blood build. (not considering the rest of the group's enhancements)
Aela, Co-Leader of Ohana

TSWGuides || EorzeaReborn

*Follow me on Twitter*: TSWGuides & EorzeaReborn
**Revised** TSWGuides' New Player Guide

mindw0rk

Aela, could you please ask him what blood abilities he used?

cornbreadtm

Whats the point of using blaze when you can crit all the time with the right set up? I have a 90% penetration, 60% crit set up from passives and gear. I wouldn't waste two slots on blaze just for a free crit that I'm already gonna get on any ability.

For reference my passives are:
Blood sport, Dark potency, Mad skills. For penetration and crits (it's easier to penetrate than crit; My gear focuses on crit rate and power but I still crit 30% less of the time)

12 Gouge/fear and wonder, Paradigm Shift. For weakness (tank/group support) and increased hit rate.

Live wire. For extra damage assisted by Mad skills.

Pressure point. For more tank support (traded out depending on situation)

This passive set up literally works with any weapon set up. Currently using pistol/shotgun for deadly aim/breaching shot group buffs and cleansing support.

lordlokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadtm View Post
Whats the point of using blaze when you can crit all the time with the right set up? I have a 90% penetration, 60% crit set up from passives and gear. I wouldn't waste two slots on blaze just for a free crit that I'm already gonna get on any ability.

For reference my passives are:
Blood sport, Dark potency, Mad skills. For penetration and crits (it's easier to penetrate than crit; My gear focuses on crit rate and power but I still crit 30% less of the time)

12 Gouge/fear and wonder, Paradigm Shift. For weakness (tank/group support) and increased hit rate.

Live wire. For extra damage assisted by Mad skills.

Pressure point. For more tank support (traded out depending on situation)

This passive set up literally works with any weapon set up. Currently using pistol/shotgun for deadly aim/breaching shot group buffs and cleansing support.
from my tests in beta... blaze does 50% of thor's hammers damage, has no cooldown, and can be spammed, can upkeep crit based buffs 100% of the time, and always crits with no worry of getting a normal hit. Blaze came off as a better skill to me, while thors produces BIGGER numbers, blazes just seemed better dps but, i could be wrong i guess would need some testing in late game gear.

sakkath

cornbreadtm: there would be little point in using blaze if you crit all the time but people don't crit all the time.

I've got no idea how you get 90% pene and 60% crit and personally I'm a little skeptical of those numbers but I'm not in QL10 yet so it's possible there's obscene stat inflation at that point.

I'm in full QL8-9 blues, focussing on penetration, I have iron maiden and dark potency, and if I look at my parse from last nights hell fallen runs I had less than 20% penetration rate. and 10% crit rate apart from blaze (although ive got very little crit gear and no crit passives yet).

If getting extremely high crit chance is indeed possible then blaze would become less important but at the stats I have blaze is clearly the best finisher in the game.

cornbreadtm

@Sakkath

Whats your skill set up? Lets figure this one out for you. : ) Nothing feels better than going back through your combat log and looking at the crit, pen numbers on your heavy skills.