Dancemaster

Oh wow, I think I had shoved her into a drawer with Larry Fishburne for some reason. I guess it's been a while since I read that book!

Farned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccartmj View Post
Nah. Completely different guy. Sam Krieg lives in a Lighthouse, not a Dark Tower.
Ummm - think you'll find its an ebony tower according to one of the side missions

MysterX

George Bannerman is a Sheriff in Castle Rock, Maine ... setting of a few Stephen King books. Kingsmouth also has a Sheriff named Bannerman.

There's also a bookstore called King of Books. Which features the new release from Sam Kreig (you also see this book in your character's apartment in the first cutscene, as I recall.)

Castle Rock Entertianment, a production company named after the town Stephen King wrote about, uses a lighthouse in its logo... so Sam Kreig being located there probably isn't just a coincidence.

Misery, The Shawshank Redemption, Dolores Claiborne, The Green Mile, Needful Things, Hearts in Atlantis, and Dreamcatcher were Castle Rock films based on Stephen King books.
Last edited by MysterX; 07-16-2012 at 10:49 PM.
There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.

individualchic

The Wendigos are from Pet Cemetery, though they're originally from the Alqonquian people of New England, which of course leads back again to HP Lovecraft and his stories set in the New England town of Insmouth, where he uses the Alqouquian language for creating names of places.

KerryG

Sorry about the necro. I'm a new player and utterly fascinated with all the King references. (I'm an SK book collector too). I immediately noticed Sheriff Bannerman and Dufresne, the Black House, and the Overlook Motel. Another King character name used was Creed (family name from Pet Sematary). I am getting some of my book-collector King fans to join up with SW too. Fantastic!

Selkie

Yep, the whole Creed family's there.

I'm reading 11/22/63 right now, which returns to Derry in one part and has a very Derryesque undercurrent, and the way it meshes nicely with playing TSW is great fun.

the dictate of the light says: know yourself and what you are.
the dark replies, by all means, but then become afraid.

selkie | emberlain | cahellan

Oneiropolos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryG View Post
Sorry about the necro. I'm a new player and utterly fascinated with all the King references. (I'm an SK book collector too). I immediately noticed Sheriff Bannerman and Dufresne, the Black House, and the Overlook Motel. Another King character name used was Creed (family name from Pet Sematary). I am getting some of my book-collector King fans to join up with SW too. Fantastic!
This is the lore forum. We -never- mind a necro that I've seen, because the lore and references in TSW keep getting added to and it's tidier in one thread than ten different ones all over the section. That way people can read past things that might have hinted towards how the present has occurred. Example of this is the Beaumont thread where we had firmly figured out his identity- before the game released a quest later that pretty much flat out confirmed it.
"I have seen too much not to know that the impression of a woman may be more valuable than the conclusion of an analytical reasoner."~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the words of Sherlock Holmes
Kori "Oneiropolos" Machi
Bryn "Chroi" Athaisce @BrynChroi
~*~ Listen in at RadioFreeGaia.com!~*~

Ranyhyn

The Venetian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiropolos View Post
This is the lore forum. We -never- mind a necro that I've seen, because the lore and references in TSW keep getting added to and it's tidier in one thread than ten different ones all over the section. That way people can read past things that might have hinted towards how the present has occurred. Example of this is the Beaumont thread where we had firmly figured out his identity- before the game released a quest later that pretty much flat out confirmed it.
This. So much this. Never be afraid to necro a thread, if you got something to contribute, even if it's just a comment. As long as it's on topic, it's welcome.

As for tangential topics, it might be worth checking for threads that already deal with this, and necro those instead. If there are no such threads, make one.

Pretty simple and straightforward.
Titanic Prometheus - God of forbidden light
Your Black Flame we bear inside as a legacy of your might

Illumination's father - God of shadowless light
Black Sun of dark mysteries - Restore the dragon's sight

KerryG

I am trying to keep track of Stephen King items. Some might seem obscure. In Kingsmouth, I have found Flagg's Pharmacy (Randall Flagg is a major repeating character in King books) and also Jack & Wendy's Bed and Breakfast could be a nod to Jack and Wendy Torrance from The Shining. Beaumont is the last name of the main character from The Dark Half.

Hatkake

The Venetian

Nobody has mentioned the pseudonym discussion regarding Stephen Bachman on the comp in the mancave in Savage Coast?
Illuminiati cabal Pandion Knights (EU based). - Character Story: Pounder the Pain.
The ULTIMATE Lair guide. - Scripts for Customchats. - Ability Search
"You could call it a psychotic experience, but she was very happy about it," van Os said. "There isn't always a need for care when there's an instance of psychosis."