bcbully

DefaultHow about a mod installation program...

Yeah so I've tried to install three mods, none work, and I'm now repairing my client....

Thanks...

Boggart

Er, what? 90% of what i've seen is "you toss this here WidgetFoo.swf in the data/gui/customized/Flash folder and then ingame type /reloadui." What is there to install?

I hate to shake my cane, but is reading a readme.txt and moving like two files from a .zip to a directory really so beyond the average gamer now..?

Did you maybe move those files into your base install, and not the Customized directories...? Nothing whatsoever, in any way, should result in a reinstall from mucking about with a couple of flash files.
James "Boggart" Macallan | The Twelve-Gauge Mage

bcbully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggart View Post
Er, what? 90% of what i've seen is "you toss this here WidgetFoo.swf in the data/gui/customized/Flash folder and then ingame type /reloadui." What is there to install?

I hate to shake my cane, but is reading a readme.txt and moving like two files from a .zip to a directory really so beyond the average gamer now..?

Did you maybe move those files into your base install, and not the Customized directories...? Nothing whatsoever, in any way, should result in a reinstall from mucking about with a couple of flash files.
lmao idk man. When I was fourten I was making bulletin boards with moving graphics and installing doors... I did what I was supposed to do. I'm still running off the BWE client would this make a difference? I put everything in the BWE flas folder.

Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
lmao idk man. When I was fourten I was making bulletin boards with moving graphics and installing doors... I did what I was supposed to do. I'm still running off the BWE client would this make a difference? I put everything in the BWE flas folder.
Nah, you're good there; the BWE client is no longer the beta client, it got patched to retail when you connected at launch.

There are two places Flash can be found:
Data/Gui/Default/Flash (DO NOT use this one)
and
Data/Gui/Customized/Flash (your addon .SWFs go in here!)

If you've put addon Swiffs into the Default flash folder, I can see how the client might break if the addon doesn't work or maybe just breaks anyway, since you've overwritten the original files.

Which mods are you using? I've added most of them that've popped up, to check them out, and they're working for me so far.

(When you said "bulletin boards" i thought you meant the old-school dialup BBSes, at first. Party like it's 1989)
James "Boggart" Macallan | The Twelve-Gauge Mage

Xyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
Yeah so I've tried to install three mods, none work, and I'm now repairing my client....

Thanks...
Dear OP,
Please don't blame you being unable to instal mods on your own on the creators of these fantastic mods. I have installed MANY mods already and Love everyone who crates them for us and the time they have invested.

If you have issues, try asking for help in the thread for the mod. All mods come with instal readme files with directions on how to exactly instal the mod. Read those files thoroughly for the information you need to instal each mod.

Most mod authors thoroughly test their mods before releasing them to the public, so there should be no corruption of the game. Some are beta and will have issues, but that is the way of the software and UI industry. If you don't like those facts, don't try to instal mods.

Acenth

Don't worry, in a couple weeks, all you'll have to do is click 'Install' using the Curse Client.

ectogwarb

Quote:
(When you said "bulletin boards" i thought you meant the old-school dialup BBSes, at first. Party like it's 1989)
Sure make me feel old. I ran a dialup BBS at 2400 baud for two years in the early 90's. :P

Hammerbeard

Gotta agree with most replies here.
At first I felt the same way - "What no 1 button install?!" Then I actually went and looked at the readme and it is wicked simple to install most mods/addons. Even had to change a few lines and they all worked first try and I'm not a techy guy.
Merle "Hammerbeard" Gonchar
+ TSW-RP Wiki Page +