Psygnosis

Super Moderator

DefaultCharacter Build Guides

We'd like to start creating some consolidated resource stickies in the various forums. Rather than having a page full of stuck posts that you have to scroll through, we'd like to have one that has links to the best resource threads.

Nominate your favorite threads by replying here and I'll update this thread with the community's favorites.

General Build GuidelinesPVP Build GuidesTanking Build GuidesHealing Build GuidesDamage Build GuidesHybrid Build GuidesBuild Guide Sites/Blogs
Note: The sites listed below have TSW character build information on them. These are community driven sites and therefore we have no control over their content.Deck Builders
These external sites have tools to let you experiment with ability selection to find how your weapons and abilities synergize with each other.Note: The following have been identified as being potentially out of date. Use at your own risk!
Last edited by Psygnosis; 08-11-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Volunteer Moderator

Watch yourself. I have a Gofle-Prod and I'm not afraid to use it!

Escalith

First and foremost, thanks for trying to create a collection here, this should make it alot easier than skimmying through several pages to find a build.

As for who I'd nominate, as I don't DPS and can't rate them, I'll have to skip them.

Tank Builds
[Guide] Tank NM -Shotgun/Blade- High Mobility, Single Target, Ranged Capability
[Guide] Bringing Hammers Back. A Blunt Approach to Tanking NM

Healer Builds
[Guide] Bloody Assault - An AR/Blood Healer build

Hybrid Builds
[Guide] - One build to Solo Transylvania

There are several other good build guides; especially the 'my first 60' builds made by TSWGuides and Builds made by Yokai, but it somewhat irks me that they are on a different homepage; making commentating and possible ways of improving an individual build rather difficult.
I still regard them as useful and maybe someone else will nominate them! =)

Psygnosis

Super Moderator

Updated. And I agree that there are some external pages / etc. that have good information, but for now at least, we'd like to focus on things people have posted here on the forums.
Volunteer Moderator

pnfirehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psygnosis View Post
Just thought I'd point out that you have a healer guide listed as a Damage build

Psygnosis

Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnfirehawk View Post
Just thought I'd point out that you have a healer guide listed as a Damage build
Fixed. Thanks.
Volunteer Moderator

Psygnosis

Super Moderator

Updated list with some links to external sources of build information.

Would really love to see more nominations, though!
Volunteer Moderator

Oneira

This is a great initiative! And most of the threads I've been following are already listed, but I have atleast one I think should be added, and that's Warin's Evade vs Block vs Defence thread.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...t=40484&page=1

I also think Shadai's Empowerment to the People could be added, because while you already have a Escalith's guide, they end up drawing different conclusions, and it could be a good idea to link both and let people make up their own minds on who is right. However I understand if you don't want to clutter the post with several guides detailing the same thing, and Escalith's guide covers more aspects of fist healing.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=46911

Escalith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneira View Post
This is a great initiative! And most of the threads I've been following are already listed, but I have atleast one I think should be added, and that's Warin's Evade vs Block vs Defence thread.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...t=40484&page=1

I also think Shadai's Empowerment to the People could be added, because while you already have a Escalith's guide, they end up drawing different conclusions, and it could be a good idea to link both and let people make up their own minds on who is right. However I understand if you don't want to clutter the post with several guides detailing the same thing, and Escalith's guide covers more aspects of fist healing.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=46911
I've been talking to Shadai ingame a lil' and we re-visited our maths and calculations and eventually came to the same conclusion. Shadai put more focus into detailing the Calculations and made them easier to understand; while I for my maths simply ignored all the text and solely added the raw numbers. I'll however just copy-cat your link and add it to the build guide. So at the very least it's present there. =)

Aela

We're going to work on building up set threads were folks can make comments on sets of builds. Can you please add my Healing build thread to this set?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=50568

We can also make one for the "My first 60", we originally just made one large thread (that folks could feedback on) so we wouldn't spam these forums, however we can do it this way too if that would be better.
Aela, Co-Leader of Ohana

TSWGuides || EorzeaReborn

*Follow me on Twitter*: TSWGuides & EorzeaReborn
**Revised** TSWGuides' New Player Guide

dulfy

Here is my two new healer guides if you can add them please

Blood/fist healing guide

Fist/Pistol

or you can just link to my builds page as an offsite resource