Infamous

DefaultThe Gatekeeper's too slow...

Too slow. Why? Thanks.

Infamous

Now got the:

"Gatekeeper Minion's Gaia Finger hits (Normal) you for 1066814 filth damage. (Normal)"

Does it mean that the little red guy hit me? Impossible, I avoided it the entire time. I was running around the gate keeper while the red guy was chasing me. I ran for at least 10 seconds around the gate keeper, I didn't take a "different route", so how did the red guy catch up?

killsion

Too Slow means you are not doing enough damage. For Gaia you'll need to think of a way to stop it from activating.

Infamous

And again... After avoiding the FIRST red guy, the second later spawned and somehow from a distance managed to kill me again... What the actual hell..

Technarch

*cough interrupt summon *cough*
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call Of Cthulhu

Infamous

Killed him, but this quest definitely needs to be looked into. The red guy's distance is far longer than indicated.

pieohpah

Couldn´t dissagree more - the Gatekeeper is an awsome installment. He works as intended and if he kills you - then you are doing something wrong or your gear isn´t good enough. So back to farming and making the right build for him.

There´s lots of help to get from forums and stuff.

/Pie

jetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieohpah View Post
Couldn´t dissagree more - the Gatekeeper is an awsome installment. He works as intended and if he kills you - then you are doing something wrong or your gear isn´t good enough. So back to farming and making the right build for him.

/Pie
Actually it doesn't have to be gear problem. As a Blade/Fist I had to drop something (went fist because of the no self healing) and picked up Ele for the always purge. Which sucked, because I love my deck.

Alien51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetah View Post
Actually it doesn't have to be gear problem. As a Blade/Fist I had to drop something (went fist because of the no self healing) and picked up Ele for the always purge. Which sucked, because I love my deck.
Depends if your doing this as a dpser it's really depends on how much dmg you can put out even though build can be a factor you'll need to do enough damage to get rid of the too slow.

As for the summons the're ways to stop him from summoning or if you never went over to that side of the wheel then there are ways to freeze the summon. Either way there are guides to this fights should take a look at them. The range is about 10 meter I guess for the summon.

allangatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieohpah View Post

/Pie
I've completed gatekeeper as a tank, my wife did it as Healer...

Your statement is not accurate, at least for those two fights.

The gatekeeper for tank/healer just seems like a completely arbitrary simulation of "How to succeed when grouped with complete retards".

As a tank I generally interrupt anyway, I didn't need to be "taught" that by some condescending game mechanic. My guild runs together, and if any one of them was stupid enough to run around like a retard the entire fight, forcing me to spin the boss around like a top, I'd likely stop running these, or at least tanking them.

For the healer fight, ok, so a healer needs to cleanse... only they really shouldn't be, and needs to make sure people are healed... but group heals dont work, and you need to manually click them to do it... and then the retard DPS squad shows up and just stands in the fire. No one I play with would even consider doing something like this, and if they did, keeping them alive wouldn't be top of the priority list.

Basically from what I've seen through these 2 encounters, the gatekeeper is designed to keep the "bads" out of NM mode (even though the community does that themselves anyway), by simulating a fight involving the very people it's meant to keep out.

It's just a condescending game mechanic that forces you into a specific build and makes you do things you wouldn't normally be doing in a group of living/non-brain damaged people.

It obviously serves no purpose, as the people who say "It keeps people out who shouldn't be doing nightmares" don't let people in that don't have NM experience/ NM gear anyway.