whyreddie

DefaultTired of the Blaze bullshit.

I think I am not the only one, who doesnt want to play with the deck/spec/build that most DPS:ers do.. Yes, I am talking about building everything around Blaze. It´s boring, embarrassing and exhausting to use the exact same rotation over and over again.

I for one, love pistols and shotguns. The sound from the pistols, the punch from the shotgun and the looks of it when you are running around in The Agartha. Having a tiny red book or a little shimmering doll at my side, just doesnt cut it.

Therefor I have been trying to put together a simple pistols/shotgun deck for NM farming, and so far, I think it´s rather nice. I can actually bring something to the table, more then my DPS. Still need to see how it works in the actual dungeons tho.

I will share it here, so you guys can comment and put out your thoughts about it, that way I might be able to push out all the extra DPS I can from it.

Actives:

1) The Business.
2) Shootout.
3) Out for a kill.
4) Breaching Shot.
5) Deadly Aim.
6) Do or die.
7) xx, put what you need here for a certain fight. Cleanse, purge or whatever you need.

Passives:

1) Brawler.
2) Twist the knife.
3) Dead on target.
4) Breach Party.
5) Calling the shots.
6) Iron Maiden.
7) Seal the deal.

I have been thinking of trying to switch out "Dead on target" for "Pistol Love" and "Seal the deal" for "Livewire".

Mostly I build my gear with Crit Rating and Penetration, but also keeping the hit around 200 or so.

Comments, thoughts, idea´s, faceslaps are all welcome. I need a hand to get the best of out of this!

Escalith

You might want to look at this topic;

A pretty similar build explained there and ATC Captures to show that it .. well; works.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=50056

As for the Blaze Arguement..

There are some builds that can put out similar if not the same damage as a build using blaze; however the ease of standing at maximum range and hitting for crazy damage is usually the easier choice than to watch movement, go into melee, or similar. =)

Elsy

I'm 6/6, 5/6, and 6/6 in the NMs currently available. I primarily play AR/Pistol DPS these days, and I'm going to tell you right now that you're going to be disappointed with how this build works...because your hit needs to be 400+ for NMs. Support DPS is awesome, and it helps a lot. A few alternatives / suggestions:

-Use the Strike shotgun builder with Punisher when your group needs Debilitate.
-Get Cleanup, even if you won't be using it for most fights. It's almost a must on Ur-Draug in Polaris though.
-Seal the Deal is currently buggy, I'd recommend testing it or using Live Wire for now. I really like the idea of Seal the Deal with Shootout though.

Anyways, I just posted a topic about how I hate Blaze when this cropped up too. Oh well.

Gukt

I've been reading, that Seal the Deal might be a bit broken (?) and only work with pistol finishers. I am not sure, and I might also remember horribly wrong. But, my 20 PAX to this topic. Otherwise, it looks golden, and around the same ideology I've been trying to focus for in my mind for a similar deck. Without that goddamn Blaze.
"He enjoys life -- as do all who are spared the curse of intelligence." -HP Lovecraft in a 1922 letter to Anne Tillery Renshaw

Posid

I'm going to do the same except I focus my main abilities around shotgun.

Using striker as the main builder and raging bullet as the finisher. Then I get the passives that revolve around strike abilities (Violent strikes, Strike force, Punisher, and gun smoke). Then I focus a lot on Penetration / hit.

With shotgun/AR I averaged 1100 dps, but with deadly aim from pistols instead of nothing from AR I'll probably top that no problems.

BleakCabalist

I also am sick of Blaze. It's simply BORING and the rotation could be executed by a 5-year old.

My question is - is there an Ele build that can deal almost as much az Blaze Build but with another consumer?

Nris

You gave me a good laugh OP.

Not to pee in your cheerios but you claim to be tired of 'The blaze bullshit' and went and changed exactly 3 skills from the cookie cutter blaze build. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gukt View Post
I've been reading, that Seal the Deal might be a bit broken (?) and only work with pistol finishers. I am not sure.
Should be fixed for everything but Blaze with today' patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleakCabalist View Post
I also am sick of Blaze. It's simply BORING and the rotation could be executed by a 5-year old.

My question is - is there an Ele build that can deal almost as much az Blaze Build but with another consumer?
That is a general problem with many high end builds at the moment and not something that is grounded in Blaze.

You have 7 buttons. Some of these will be end up for Utility that you will only press once in a while. (Purge, Aggro drop, Group buffs, Cleanse... whatever)
Which leaves you with 3 to 4 buttons to fill with damage abilities. There simply aren't huge variations possible with this mindset.

The poster before you already answered it somewhat: Strike builds are a good alternative for single target.
Last edited by Nris; 07-31-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Yeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsy View Post
-Get Cleanup, even if you won't be using it for most fights. It's almost a must on Ur-Draug in Polaris though.
no its not. you only need cleanse at last boss inferno. with average dps you kill ur-draug at the end of darkness phase 1.

En-Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeny View Post
no its not. you only need cleanse at last boss inferno. with average dps you kill ur-draug at the end of darkness phase 1.
Hah - average DPS. You're delusional. You're also right though, no cleanse needed.

Yeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by En-Guard View Post
Hah - average DPS. You're delusional. You're also right though, no cleanse needed.
delusional? with QL10 blue random dps gear you can allrdy do 1.2k+ dps at that boss easily. that adds up to allmost 4k team-dps. thats allways enough. if ppl slack, they slack.