Ghostwise

DefaultIntel HD 3000

I am really wanting to buy this game. Gonna wait until Friday to give it a test run though. My desktop is kind of crappy so I've been gaming on my laptop which has an Intel HD 3000 Integrated graphics card in it. Core i5 2430 (4 cpus) 2.4ghz. 8 gigs of ram. I'm sure many folks have asked about integrated cards, I just can't find it on the forums here. I've run the Can U Run It test and all but the card passes(tests are iffy) Everything is checked as if it passes on the test but it fails for some reason. Same test results for The Old Republic but it runs that game like butter with almost max settings. Oh and my wife raids with high settings in EQ2 so there is that as well. Wondering if anyone with the same setup can share their experience. If not I can wait until Friday to find out!

EDIT: Oh it fails just about every game with the graphics card on can you run it. IT uses shared memory with the ram so the tests never recognize the actual specs that the card uses. I read it can use up to 2 gigs of shared ram for the card or some such. Can't remember.
Last edited by Ghostwise; 08-01-2012 at 12:50 AM.

alexaxas

Short answer: Yes, but it won't look great.

Long answer: A pal of mine has been playing on an i5 based ultrabook (i5-25xx, 4GB ram, Intel HD 3000) since just after launch. It takes a bit of tweaking to get the game to run smoothly-ish (25-35 fps) but it works.

A little bit of info for you, too (and I promise I don't mean this as snark): if your Core i5 chip is in a laptop, it's a dual core. Your performance monitor in the windows task manager shows four CPUs because of what Intel brands as "Hyper-Threading". Basically, you have two physical processors and up to two virtual processors, allowing more process threads to run at a time. Not as much raw power as a real quad, but still kicks butt compared to the core 2 duo in my lappy.

Ghostwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaxas View Post
Short answer: Yes, but it won't look great.

Long answer: A pal of mine has been playing on an i5 based ultrabook (i5-25xx, 4GB ram, Intel HD 3000) since just after launch. It takes a bit of tweaking to get the game to run smoothly-ish (25-35 fps) but it works.

A little bit of info for you, too (and I promise I don't mean this as snark): if your Core i5 chip is in a laptop, it's a dual core. Your performance monitor in the windows task manager shows four CPUs because of what Intel brands as "Hyper-Threading". Basically, you have two physical processors and up to two virtual processors, allowing more process threads to run at a time. Not as much raw power as a real quad, but still kicks butt compared to the core 2 duo in my lappy.
Interesting! I was going off of the dxdiag report. It says 4cpus so one would assume as much. Thanks for the infos!