Macule

QuestionDoes your mouse cursor go away?

Anyone else having this problem, and if so did you find a solution that still lets you use a framed window for the game?

I like to use my mouse most of the time to move around with. Thing is, whenever I press my left or right mouse button then my mouse cursor disappears. Wouldn't be a big deal except that I also have a dated comp and get best game performance using a framed window, which I'd want to do anyway, but I've discovered the hard way that I can drag the game window off my screen because no mouse cursor was visible and I accidentally got it onto the top window bar. The window wouldn't move and that wouldn't be an issue if I could just maximize the window to the available desktop area, leaving the system taskbar still visible, but the game window can not be maximized. Besides, not seeing where the mouse cursor should be at, when pressing the right or left mouse button, makes it hard to direct my toon (such as when trying to circle straf).

Agemnon

Sometimes, and other times my character is locked into autorun, but whenever that happens I immediately switch my mouse to wired mode (with a substantial but not gamebreaking decrease in mouse sensitivity) and that usually solves the problem for me.

Macule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemnon View Post
Sometimes, and other times my character is locked into autorun, but whenever that happens I immediately switch my mouse to wired mode (with a substantial but not gamebreaking decrease in mouse sensitivity) and that usually solves the problem for me.
Interesting. So pressing the left or right mouse button does not make the mouse cursor go away for other people? Maybe my Razer Naga driver is the cause of that happening for me, then? It's a wired mouse (USB) so I can't do that switching thing.

I was having occasional "stuck in unwanted auto-run" mode. For me, it was straf, though. I discovered in Control (settings) that there were some default mouse bindings; they conflicted with my game mouse usage. I just unbound all mouse bindings in Settings and I have never experienced that problem again after I did that.

Agathorn

Left or right mouse makes EVERYONES cursor go away. That puts you into mouselook mode, and the cursor hiding is supposed to happen.

Krusty

Have you considered using windowed borderless.
I used this as I like the ability to move between my screens without losing the game view and I hate my games not being full screen so I get the best of both worlds.

For you there would be no boarders for you to accidently click on.

Macule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
Have you considered using windowed borderless.
I used this as I like the ability to move between my screens without losing the game view and I hate my games not being full screen so I get the best of both worlds.

For you there would be no boarders for you to accidently click on.
No one else has their mouse cursor go away in a bordered game window when the left or right mouse button is depressed? Only me? I'm looking for a solution to that mouse problem, I can live with not being able to maximize the bordered window (which I must use, it gives me best fps of all the possibilities).

I need to use bordered window, but thanks Krusty! Dragging the bordered window off the desktop accidentally is a game design flaw that would not happen if the bordered window could be maximized (which the window can not be). That's just an inconvenience that wouldn't happen anyway if my mouse cursor didn't go away when I press either the left or the right mouse button (and it only happens with the mouse cursor in this game, no others or with any other applications at all - strictly game related). I did try the borderless but unlike the bordered one I can not position it and it is slightly below top of desktop and extending by that much below my system taskbar = not usable. The bordered one does the same thing but I can position that one and make it completely fill my desktop without overlapping my system task bar.

Krusty

I am not sure its the mouse.
I use a Razer Mamba and I have no issues with the software.

Macule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn View Post
Left or right mouse makes EVERYONES cursor go away. That puts you into mouselook mode, and the cursor hiding is supposed to happen.
lol! That makes sense. Somehow missed your comment earlier! Thanks for your reply. I'll mess around with that in settings and see if I can find something more to my play style.

Edit: No, nothing really that I can change.

IMO, invoking mouselook is NOT occuring when both the left and the right mouse buttons are pressed, as my camera follows the view perspective of my toon being moved that way. When pressing BOTH mouse buttons my toon moves, it doesn't invoke mouselook to let me pan my view around. When pressing BOTH mouse buttons the mouse is moving the toon, not the view, and so mouselook is not being used and the mouse cursor should snap in front of the toon and remain visible while moving the toon. Otherwise, with the mouse cursor invisible while moving the toon, it is possible for the invisible mouse pointer cursor to be anywhere in the bordered window (and even on the bordered non maximizable window top and accidentally drag the window partially off the desktop when trying to quickly reposition the mouse physically on a mousepad because of running out of physical room to move the mouse). I think it's a bug that the mouse pointer disappears when both mouse buttons are pressed to move the toon.
Last edited by Macule; 08-03-2012 at 12:23 AM.