Aepex

DefaultBlood Offering - What the fanana?

Blood Offering. What'd you do? It's IMPOSSIBLE to use blood as damage now. It ticks for so much damage than I can't even survive to parse at the test dummies for 10 seconds.

Wat?

stjobe

Just in case people don't know: If you have no Blood resources, many of the Blood consumers can be fuelled by your own health by giving you the Blood Offering debuff.

The easy solution? Don't use Blood consumers without resources unless you want the Blood Offering debuff.

It's something that has caused the death of many a Blood Magic neophyte, but that is easily avoided by some self-control - something that's always important for a practitioner of magic

Notice, however, that while Blood Offering is active, your skill points spent in the Damage line for Blood increases your damage output, so it's not always a negative to have Blood Offering running. Just be careful not to kill yourself

EDIT: On second reading, it seems OP is complaining about Blood Offering doing more damage now than before? Haven't noticed that, but the remedy's the same: Be careful.
"One fist of iron and the other of steel, if the right one don't get you then the left one will."
- Unknown Templar

lockwoodx

I love the lore aspects of blood using your own vitae to fuel your spells, but I really dislike the fact it does it automatically instead of a toggle or choice. It ends up screwing the user more often than not.

stjobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
I love the lore aspects of blood using your own vitae to fuel your spells, but I really dislike the fact it does it automatically instead of a toggle or choice. It ends up screwing the user more often than not.
That would totally remove the point of even having it.

As I said, Blood Offering is a dual purpose thing. It gives you
a) A self-DoT (that can easily be healed through, I might add, unless you stack a lot of them)
b) increased damage output if you've spent skill points in the damage line.

Take that away by a toggle, and you've just removed one skill line.
"One fist of iron and the other of steel, if the right one don't get you then the left one will."
- Unknown Templar

Technarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
There IS a toggle and a choice, don't cast Blood Magic consumers when you don't have enough Blood Resources.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call Of Cthulhu

wraith454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarch View Post
There IS a toggle and a choice, don't cast Blood Magic consumers when you don't have enough Blood Resources.
Logic will get you nowhere here

ulffie

NOTE TO BLOOD HEALERS

Hi, ULFRIC the Blood Bulwark here, with a note to all the blood medics out in the field. If necessary, you can double heal through the use of Blood Offering. I know what you're thinking: "Wait! If we do that, then we'll be the ones dying." Normally, yes. HOWEVER! If, after or before ((whichever you prefer)) you put a sufficient sized blood bubble on yourself, the Blood Offering will feed on the barrier instead of on your face.

TL;DR: Healers! Barrier yourself, activate Blood Offering, be unharmed and cast double heals.

Nyysjan

Also, more resources you lack, the bigger the dot (this atleast is my experience).
So you can use it to increase your dps for a small amount of time, by using an ability while having only 1 resource less than you need, and then quickly building (or using ambrosia) resources for one or two bigger hits.

The dot also seems to scale with max health.
Illuminati: We think, so you don't have to.

"Just look at all these fucks i give"

Torian @V4lmond always in character twitter account.

Aepex

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjobe View Post
Just in case people don't know: If you have no Blood resources, many of the Blood consumers can be fuelled by your own health by giving you the Blood Offering debuff.

The easy solution? Don't use Blood consumers without resources unless you want the Blood Offering debuff.

It's something that has caused the death of many a Blood Magic neophyte, but that is easily avoided by some self-control - something that's always important for a practitioner of magic

Notice, however, that while Blood Offering is active, your skill points spent in the Damage line for Blood increases your damage output, so it's not always a negative to have Blood Offering running. Just be careful not to kill yourself

EDIT: On second reading, it seems OP is complaining about Blood Offering doing more damage now than before? Haven't noticed that, but the remedy's the same: Be careful.
Right. Try this: Exsanguinate. Should consume all blood resources, now, try using it without blood resources. It ticks for so much that it'll kill you. You ARE supposed to keep Blood Offering up, it's a part of the blood build, like all of the damage bonuses of weapons.

Technarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aepex View Post
Right. Try this: Exsanguinate. Should consume all blood resources, now, try using it without blood resources. It ticks for so much that it'll kill you. You ARE supposed to keep Blood Offering up, it's a part of the blood build, like all of the damage bonuses of weapons.
It being part of the build is no excuse for being stupid.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call Of Cthulhu