Things I wish I'd known... (redux)My original thread got too big to fit into one post. Going to recreate it here and hope that I can get an assist to sticky this one in place of the original.
- Dialogue topic choices are more than one line. If you're talking to an NPC, keep clicking on the topic until it turns to a green check mark. Some of the best writing is in those extra bits of voiceover.
- When hunting for lore bits, don't forget to look up. Not everything is at ground level.
- There is a demon in the Hatian Market in London who sells tacos. These tacos (at 100 PAX each) buff your out-of-combat healing rate, thus allowing you to return into combat more quickly. (Credit: Trobed)
- After the 1.1 patch, you can disassemble a Taco into Nachos, which reduces the casting time, but provides a lower health benefit per bite.
- Logging out - There are 3 ways. 1) Menu in the upper left - Exit 2) Press ESC (sometimes 2 or 3 times) then choose Exit Game or 3) /camp - for those of us who like our keyboards
- Using methods 1 or 3 of the logout hint above will take you back to the character selection screen rather than all the way out of the game.
- If you accidentally sell something, use the "Buyback" button on the Sell tab to recover your item. You can keep clicking on "Buyback" to recover accidental sales in reverse order.
- Keys F1 through F5 will select members of your group as your "defensive target"
- Ctrl-Alt-F to display a frames per second meter on the left edge of your screen.
- If you're creating a new character and it keeps telling you the name isn't unique no matter what weird choices you pick, try changing the first or last name. Some names are "reserved" since they belong to special NPCs and such. Unfortunately, the character naming code doesn't tell you about the real problem.
- You can create new bags to sort your inventory by clicking on the plus sign (+) in the upper right corner of the inventory window.
- When you create a new bag from your inventory, if you click on the lock button, it stays open when you close the inventory. This is how you can create an "item hotbar" say for your anima potions.
- You can also name your new bags by double-clicking on the "New Bag" line.
- You can merge Inventory bags to create bigger bags. Drag one full bag on top of another and a new bag will be created with room enough for all the items. It even stays that size if items are subsequently removed.
- Inventory has a search function. So if you aren't as anal as I am with all your runes and mats divided out into all sorts of seperate bags labeled by purpose, you can use the search function to find out if you have enough "Wheel Rune" to make the glyph you want to use.
- You can single-drop items from a stack. Left-click on the stack. Move the mouse to where you want the item to go and right-click. It will drop one at a time there. This works in the crafting window as well as your inventory.
Last edited by Jonray; 01-02-2013 at 04:17 PM.