Evilbeavers

DefaultShotgun/Hammer Strike DPS Build

This is the build that I've come up with. (While at work)
http://www.tsw-builder.com/#72v77074...21734743303932

My current build is a shtogun/ele blaze build, but I'm trying to get away from blaze.

--Actives--
Striker
Raging Bullet
Touchdown
Aftershock
Confuse
Breaching Shot
Do or Die

--Passives--
Improved Strikes
Strike Force
Twist the Knife
Overpenetration
Body Piercing
Killer Instinct
Lethality

I'm still up in the air about it. My thought process is way to cluttered to try and figure this out without being able to test it.

Here are some thoughts:

1. Due to hammers ability to increase the next hammer attack after 5 stacks. I might switch to a hammer builder such as First Blood.

2. Touchdown is optional. Just used mostly to close the gap after having to move away from the target.

3. Can switch in cleanup for do or die.

3. Switch in tear gas and scattershot for AOE needs.

Unfortunately the thing I'm insterested in is the numbers. Currently with my shotgun/ele I can pull over 1k on most single target fights. I know that blaze is catching the nerf, well the passive is, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

I really like shotgun but I'm not attached to any particular weapon. I've though about pistols and AR as well.

Any suggestions on the build or a build would be greatly appreciated.
"I am on a drug," Sheen said. "It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." ~Charlie Sheen

Cruadal

I use a build like this in PvP and it owns.. for DPS in NM's you want to stay away from melee due to mechanics and movement not being melee friendly..

Food for thought though.. Strikers passive gives you 25% dmg to hindered targets.. and if your in melee you get an auto hinder if within 3 meters with the elite, close quarters I think its called.. HUGE dps boost to give your builder an extra 25% damage

in a post on these boards I posted a shotgun/ele build using strikes that is not dependent on blaze and I do well over 1k dps with it, you may want to check it out
Last edited by Cruadal; 08-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Evilbeavers

Thanks!

I'll look into it.
"I am on a drug," Sheen said. "It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." ~Charlie Sheen

cgard7

Do not, I repeat, Do NOT use Close Quarters in NM. It builds up the counter on bosses that makes them Immune to Impairs, which are required to interrupt abilities.

Drakks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruadal View Post
I use a build like this in PvP and it owns.. for DPS in NM's you want to stay away from melee due to mechanics and movement not being melee friendly..
This is silly.. I run blade/ele at around 16-1700 dps, and stay in melee range in all but a few NM fight.

There are very few fights where an intelligent melee dps can't get the job done.

Rhazmuz

Thx for this build, good inspiration for a DPS spec
- Rhazmuz - Nr. 1 Sexy Beast Tank EU -

- Department of Occult Warfare -

"They say you are what you eat.. But I dont remember eating a fu**ing legend"

Edzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilbeavers View Post
This is the build that I've come up with. (While at work)
http://www.tsw-builder.com/#72v77074...21734743303932

My current build is a shtogun/ele blaze build, but I'm trying to get away from blaze.

--Actives--
Striker
Raging Bullet
Touchdown
Aftershock
Confuse
Breaching Shot
Do or Die

--Passives--
Improved Strikes
Strike Force
Twist the Knife
Overpenetration
Body Piercing
Killer Instinct
Lethality

I'm still up in the air about it. My thought process is way to cluttered to try and figure this out without being able to test it.

Here are some thoughts:

1. Due to hammers ability to increase the next hammer attack after 5 stacks. I might switch to a hammer builder such as First Blood.

2. Touchdown is optional. Just used mostly to close the gap after having to move away from the target.

3. Can switch in cleanup for do or die.

3. Switch in tear gas and scattershot for AOE needs.

Unfortunately the thing I'm insterested in is the numbers. Currently with my shotgun/ele I can pull over 1k on most single target fights. I know that blaze is catching the nerf, well the passive is, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

I really like shotgun but I'm not attached to any particular weapon. I've though about pistols and AR as well.

Any suggestions on the build or a build would be greatly appreciated.
You should look into violent strikes and wrecking crew over Lethality and Kill instinct.

Also, have you try the numbers on running Haymaker over Aftershock? Seems like better choice for fights you duck in and out of melee range for. If you're going crit heavy, Molten Steel is a good option too, it's not a strike but can do ridiculous crit damage.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest."

Edzilla
Blade / Chaos - Tank ||| Assault Rifle / Shot Gun, Pistol, or Elemental - DPS
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire