Hansem1979

DefaultUnable to log into any chat channel besides /say

Title says it all, all my chat channel are bugged. Cannot join any other now, any ideas?
Kyle A. Sheffield
Handle : Hansem
Combat Medic
Leviathan

mbbrazen

try right click on the gear wheel in left corner. Click on autosubscribe channels and then zone. When you zone you should have all channels. Hope that helps.

Hansem1979

Thank you for taking your time to help, but it did nothing.

I deleted my general tab, and when I remake it it says that I can only talk to channel "say"

Repairing TSW did not work
I cannot manually join any other channel, and I cannot type /chat join xxxxxxx as it will not work.

Chat is a rather big part of any MMO, I cannot understand why they released it this buggy honestly...

sigh...any help is of course welcome!
Kyle A. Sheffield
Combat Medic
Leviathan

mbbrazen

if you are in-game you can file petition or send email to help.funcom.com. I have found them to be very user friendly. The GMs respond very quickly.

Also just saw this post.
Last edited by mbbrazen; 08-09-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add'l info

Hansem1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbrazen View Post
if you are in-game you can file petition or send email to help.funcom.com. I have found them to be very user friendly. The GMs respond very quickly.

Also just saw this post.
Yeah, someone from live chat tried to help me, but he was not able to...he said it was a known issue and that zoning or staying w hile in game should fix it....will try that

thanks again!
Kyle A. Sheffield
Combat Medic
Leviathan

harolds5

I've had this happen after losing server connection, what I did to fix it was to do a /camp, once logged back in all chat channels were back.

It happened once in a dungeon, and before I did the (or knew to) /camp the tank who was giving directions on what the plan was for this next section was having to type them out twice, once for the group and once (using tell) for me.

Hansem1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by harolds5 View Post
I've had this happen after losing server connection, what I did to fix it was to do a /camp, once logged back in all chat channels were back.

It happened once in a dungeon, and before I did the (or knew to) /camp the tank who was giving directions on what the plan was for this next section was having to type them out twice, once for the group and once (using tell) for me.
Great, thanks , will try that!

Played an hour questing ( not much else you can do when you are mute and deaf ) while zoning a couple of times, not fixed !

EDIT: Did not work. Sadly. The GM are saying they are not even able to contact me in game, at all. I guess my next step would be to re-install the whole thing...

I am not even sure my /say is doing something, as I can type, but no one answers.
Last edited by Hansem1979; 08-09-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: complete the post
Kyle A. Sheffield
Combat Medic
Leviathan

Hansem1979

As an update, a full reinstall did nothing, all my new alts have full access to chat, hansem is the only one stuck....

trying to rerun patcher.exe now, a gm suggestion!

its tough because no chat means no group, tough pvp, only mission work.

say doesnt work, and tell says I am offline....

EDIT: Deleted GUI folder completely and started the game again with patcher setup, no dice, nothing work ( not even say and tell ) and the GM are seeing me offline...

I am afraid it might be worse for poor Hansem than for the rest of the crowd.....
Last edited by Hansem1979; 08-10-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Kyle A. Sheffield
Combat Medic
Leviathan

ykhdrazhir

You are not alone. I have the same issue on my main character and it's slowly getting unbearable. I came to the same conclusion, nothing on the client side seems to solve the issue and as the channels work on an alt it has to be something on Funcoms side. Unfortunately I had no luck so far with my petition

EDIT: I went as far as installing a clean copy of the game on my flatmates computer to no avail. The issue is still there and most definitely not in our hands.
Last edited by ykhdrazhir; 08-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Ghalbrec

A heads up guys, re-installing, repairing and for that matter anything else you might try will be to no avail. I had this issue several times on one character and my alts all worked fine. The issue is server side, your character config files are stored on the server not on your machine, once that file is corrupted you have to wait for the server to correct the issue and that can take between a few hours and several days.

Don't beat yourself up re-installing and following GM recommendations to repair, etc. You can't fix the issue only Funcom can.