dulfy

DefaultComprehensive signet guide

Hey everyone, I wrote a little signet guide for those wondering about the types of signets available and the places to farm them. For those who don't know what signets are - you will start to see them on QL10 gears - they are designed to add certain effects or enhancement to your current gear. Signets right now are a bit tedious to acquire due to the low drop rates so you have to really sit down to farm them or be prepared to spend a couple million pax to acquire them (it is not uncommon to see 4-5 million for a single green signet i.e. Signet of Violence)

The guide is divided into 5 parts:

Enjoy and happy farming!

DirewolfX

Thank you for the nice write-up!

A suggestion and a contribution:

1. Could you separate the Impair/Hinder based signets from the other signets in the DPS/Misc section? At least for PvE it's an important distinction (and some of them are healing based which don't really belong in DPS anyway), because we can't use those in NMs.

2. There's another Nightmare mob location in Kingsmouth. If you go way out east in the bay, there are a bunch of nightmare level deep ones.

Enepttastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulfy View Post
  • [5] Signet farming theories (currently it has the Drinkfist theory of zone specific signets, which has being disapproved but still good info)
I'm torn over the location specific farming being disproved making me happy or not....

Overall, much appreciated for consolidating the information though.
They only want you to shout something they feel appropriate when you feel like shouting. They don't care about the package, just the gift wrap. They don't advocate peace. They don't care if you speak with hate. They want only to change the exact words as if the WORDS are what makes discourse hateful or distasteful. They think the avoidance of certain words is gonna signal an education. ~ Penn Jillette

dulfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
Thank you for the nice write-up!

A suggestion and a contribution:

1. Could you separate the Impair/Hinder based signets from the other signets in the DPS/Misc section? At least for PvE it's an important distinction (and some of them are healing based which don't really belong in DPS anyway), because we can't use those in NMs.

2. There's another Nightmare mob location in Kingsmouth. If you go way out east in the bay, there are a bunch of nightmare level deep ones.
1. Definitely

2. Thanks for the location, I will check it out and note it

he11cry

Great post! Thx!

Does anyone have info about Lair/Regional Bosses ? like where to summon them, how hard are the fights ?
do they drop other stuff like none-signet related ?

Thx again

DirewolfX

The lair bosses are tuned for ~3 people. The regional bosses are tuned (and locked) to ~5 people.

I know the lair bosses drop blue signets at least. The regional bosses drop a purple signet, purple glyph and some other purple item like a toolkit (not named loot).

torch068

They all drop random kits as well.

tangobcf

Ok, so I have been farming a while, as much as I want to thnk that sigs drop everywhere and not zone specific, I have found otherwise.

I had been farming lair mobs in Egpyt as well as the NM mobs, then switched to various places in Transylvania (this over the last few weeks). I literally have every sig in my bags except a few from a compiled list I have looked at. two of those being Violence and valour.

At any point, I read some list from somewhere, trying to find places for Violence or Valour sigs since this place I am at only seems to drop the Amal- Major healing (5 in 2 days of a couple hours of farming).

The other morning, I went to the airport in Kingsmouth, and within minutes had 2 new sigs, I had not seen in hours of farming in Egpyt or Transylvania. Those being Breaching and Fury- and there is still one more I am looking for there.

My last question would be, does anyone have a place or mobs they have seen drop valour or violence? Just seem all these one I get now are Amal ones, not cpmplaining, but I dont heal..

udgnim

seen violence drop from mobs in the area for the Lele quest

seen Valour drop from the mobs for Zaha's vampire nest quest

seen Amelio drop from ghouls outside St. Halambrine. think I've also got Laceration from these ghouls before.

have never seen Breaching and probably some others

tangobcf

Thanks, yeah I have had amal drop from ghouls and the mirewood bugs. It wasn't valour i was thinking, but was Vigour. Ill try and check out those aras later to see how soloable they are.

That being said, I am more convinced that certain sigs drop from certain mobs or at least a higher chance