ashkevron

DefaultFaction Levels

I am sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't find it. So, how do you gain faction level or rise up in your faction. Is it just doing regular missions and gaining xp?

Also, are there specific faction missions and if so where/how do you get them?

PaganGuy

Pretty much. You'll level up in the faction by gaining experience. There are some faction specific missions, and you'll get a call assigning them when you hit the right levels.

tubasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganGuy View Post
Pretty much. You'll level up in the faction by gaining experience. There are some faction specific missions, and you'll get a call assigning them when you hit the right levels.
For the record...it is easy to miss these missions. Often the call will happen while you are doing something else and you might not see it. Check the faction rank and if your exp is capped, you need to do the mission to advance. Fortunately it seems that the xp you earn in the meantime will be applied after you do this mission.

If you miss it, go to your hometown to the area with your faction vendors and such, and you should see the mission lying around somewhere.

Drew

The faction rank section of your character display tells you what you need to to for the next faction rank, whether that's a mission or just more xp (or both).

Xp isn't earned toward a faction rank. There's no "faction xp bar" or "faction faction rating". It's more a matter of simply needing X normal xp to qualify. You don't miss out if there's some other requirement (say a mission) and you don't do it right away.

Escargot

If someone could tell the OP the ranks at which the faction missions occur, he might find it helpful. The phone calls the character receives from Faction HQ are fun.

Drew

Levels 3, 7, and 10 have missions.

ashkevron

excellent info, helps me a lot, thanks everyone

fenwyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubasteve View Post
For the record...it is easy to miss these missions. Often the call will happen while you are doing something else and you might not see it. Check the faction rank and if your exp is capped, you need to do the mission to advance. Fortunately it seems that the xp you earn in the meantime will be applied after you do this mission.

If you miss it, go to your hometown to the area with your faction vendors and such, and you should see the mission lying around somewhere.
I'm pretty sure you will not get the phone call if a mission is required until after you finish your current red mission.

tubasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwyr View Post
I'm pretty sure you will not get the phone call if a mission is required until after you finish your current red mission.
I thought the missions themselves were also given to you via a phone call...?

Edit: I see what you mean, however if you don't answer right away, the call disappears and you will have to go to your faction HQ to pick it up.

miltonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
The faction rank section of your character display tells you what you need to to for the next faction rank, whether that's a mission or just more xp (or both).

Xp isn't earned toward a faction rank. There's no "faction xp bar" or "faction faction rating". It's more a matter of simply needing X normal xp to qualify. You don't miss out if there's some other requirement (say a mission) and you don't do it right away.
Also, you keep building your faction XP even if it looks capped. Many people (myself included) don't do the faction rank missions right away. When the rank mission is finally completed, people find they've jumped 2 or more ranks.