Uccisore

DefaultI like FunCom and the Secret World a Whole Lot.

There? Was that so hard? The purpose of this thread is for their to be AT LEAST ONE positive thread about TSW on the forums that doesn't have a title that makes it look like a hate thread, because, it wasn't really that funny the first time.

Anyway, I hope this game does well. It NEEDS to do well. Just ask yourself- if TSW fails, how long are you prepared to wait for the *next* Lovecraft inspired, story centered MMO with a level-less advancement system?

In terms of broad themes and general implementation, this game is a dream come true for me. Even all the little horror movie references that the rest of you don't get* make my toes curl with delight.

The fact that there's an MMO where I can sit back, stare at the sky and just spend an hour thinking about builds, what kind of build I might like to try, what possibilities there might be, instead of merely waiting to get my pre-determined abilities for hitting the next level- this is something I Never thought I'd have again in an MMO since I stopped playing Anarchy Online.

A game where all visible clothing is purely social, while STILL having gear that's an important part of the game, that's super awesome too.

There's just so many things in this game that are great. If it fails, we've got another DECADE of WoW clones to watch come and go before something like this appears again.

* Sherrif Bannerman is the name of the cop in the 1983 version of The Dead Zone.
Last edited by Aerynia; 08-14-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Everdeen

I am with you on this one. This MMO is awesome, and I have been waiting several years for this. And I am completely sold. As soon as I logoff, there are not many minutes until get another craving for it. The story, the atmosphere is unlike any other game, and we need this. And all the references.. love it. And in fact that is a modern setting, with horror, thrillers, suspense... cant ask for a better setting. So fed up with the fantasy setting, รก la WoW, Rift, GW and so on... I think Funcom have done an awesome job with this game. And customer service is top notch as well.

Huxley

There are a lot of positive threads.. also the user survey results look very good. *shrug*
I2 being announced in a couple of days... happy camper here

Shatiya

This game ROCKS!!!

. . . . . there had to say it

and its True.
Honestly i bought the game just because Funcom is a Norwegian company (from there as well)
But i'v grown to love this game more then i thought i would.

What i like the most is the modern day setting with horror theme to it.
And with the ever changing skill wheel there is so much to do and so much potential to discover.

Being able to play all the role's that i want to play and atop of that make my own solo build is more then i could have hoped for and all i ever wanted from a mmorpg.

What i would like to see more of though is like the pre-launch event they made. that was much fun sitting there trying to make sense of all the little details for a new hint.

baileyjay

damn it i was on my way to bed when i saw this thread...

count me in, i'm still having a blast and been here since early CBT, i still look forward to many many months of subbing.
Quoted by Uccisore - Awesome! Now whatever you do, leave the forums and don't look back.

Rastorg

Well this is the kind of game that I've wanted to play for years and now that it's a reality I'm not going anywhere.

High fantasy stuff ?
No thanks, I've had enough of that. Found a new home in TSW and I'm here to stay.

See you in game !

DieScream

There are tons of positive posts.

Aerynia

Super Moderator

*waves funcom flag patriotically across the thread*

all stand and salute for the funcom anthem.... actually is there an anthem?

I am right there with you guys, long gone are the days where i feel the need for high fantasy - i have gotten comfy in a nice shiny corner of agartha and i for one will not be leaving. ever.
Last edited by Aerynia; 08-14-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Aerynia
Volunteer Moderator

Ofafluniec

This thread is so much true. The Secret World is the best MMO I played in years. After one month playing I am really happy about the way the game turned up. I wasnt so sure about it at the begining but after a couple of hours i was totally sucked in. I just hope that it will survive a couple of years before going F2P, becauze i dont think that thos did anythong good for any gamez This the first MMO that I really care about. I want it to do well and I want FunCom to sell as many copies as possible. Just really hope this game won't die like SW:TOR.
Logic gets You from A to B. Imagination takes You everywhere.

Shatiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynia View Post
*waves funcom flag patriotically across the thread*

all stand and salute for the funcom anthem.... actually is there an anthem?

I am right there with you guys, long gone are the days where i feel the need high fantasy - i have gotten comfy in a nice shiny corner of agartha and i for one will not be leaving. ever.
Closes i can recall of a anthem like is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXw33vz4P0c
Theme song of Secret World.

Rising to attention. . . . . . :P