Wotanik

DefaultTo all the GW2 fanbois out there (and why TSW prevails)

All your past complaints about TSW and its monthly sub and real money item store just became moot. Your beloved game, GW2, just turned into P2W game. Have fun paying more money to ArenaNet than you would pay to FC with a monthly sub, B2P my ass. Your "savior game" just turned into a hype fueled ripoff machine which has only one function: make profit and make it massively and fast. Hit'n'run tactics.

http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/r...shop_leak.html

Have fun!

MrThebigcheese

Levels and gear don't make you more powerful in GW. Levels do a little in the beginning but it's not hard to level up.

Also just read everything there is available in game without paying extra as well.

wildkatze

I especially love the "Megaphone"... They are not allowing gridwide conversation without paying for each message ? Hilarious

MrThebigcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkatze View Post
I especially love the "Megaphone"... They are not allowing gridwide conversation without paying for each message ? Hilarious
Yeah that is kind of silly. I don't see it impacting much though.

blupache

Not sure I like the OP's tone, but it is an interesting screenshot.

I remember seeing the mention of 'time-saving convenience items' in discussion somewhere and thinking "now there's a definition you could drive a truck through".

Apparently Arenanet did drive a truck through it.

I mean GW2 is all about equally geared endgame play right, so leveling & gearing & traveling & finding outfits you like... that's just stuff that takes time away from your time doing endgame play, yeah?

schattenkatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkatze View Post
That reminds me of Runes of magic and some other F2P (P2W) MMOs. Good thing I didn't fall for the hype. Been there, done this.

HoneyBadger

Mmosite .... Yeah, ok

MrThebigcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
Mmosite .... Yeah, ok
It does look legit. The boosts aren't nearly as meaningful as they would be in other games though. It's important to understand that.
Last edited by MrThebigcheese; 08-17-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Evning

Yea, thats normally reserved for f2p games, i wonder if there would be a chance GW2 would go completely f2p, that aside.
I am still looking for anyone with a beta key to let me try it out

resevil80

I'm not a GW2 fanboy(not even gonna get it at this point)...But it looks like exp boost's, crafting boosts....Unless I missed something, it doesn't look like a pay to win shop...