Wotanik

DefaultNM Support Shotgun/Ele with good DPS

Alright, I've been trying to build a good NM DPS SG/Ele build with great support value.

I'm this far: http://www.tsw-builder.com/#76v65062...21253653743836

Lightning Manifestation slot is for the different support skills, and Do or Die slot is of course for Cleanup when needed.

The problem is, I just can't get decent DPS, even when I don't use the support skills. My DPS varies from the movement fight 900-1k to static boss 1,3-1,8k DPS and I have no idea what's wrong.

Rotation: 5x Ignition > pop CDs > Blaze > Flame Strike (Light. Manifestation) > rinse & repeat with the variation of Light. Man. and Flame Strike. Pop CDs when ready.

I've tried full strike build but DPS was worse than with penetration based build. I have tested it with Live Wire (using Seal the Deal because I use 3 consumers) and Strike passives, I've basically tweaked it all the way around.

And I don't have any affliction passives as there's always some Blaze built AR/Ele in the NM groups.

My gear is QL10.1+ with 550 hit (getting some glances here and there, need to fix that) and over 600 pen. Crit rating 550+ and crit power only 150 at the moment (working on it with future custom gear).

So, any NM SG/Ele people with some ideas?

Nris

First let me state that 1.8k DPS in NM is definitely not bad DPS.

I'm not sure why you run 2(3) Ele consumers. One or the other. You definitely don't need both.

Seal the deal is definitely the better alternative with a 2 resource consumer.

In my own tests sadly strike builds fell flat. It might not just be on you. That's the main reason the Blaze nerf irks me so much. Elemental offers nothing else as decent single target consumers. Even Magnetic Wipe is only medium sauce.

Wotanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nris View Post
First let me state that 1.8k DPS in NM is definitely not bad DPS.

I'm not sure why you run 2(3) Ele consumers. One or the other. You definitely don't need both.

Seal the deal is definitely the better alternative with a 2 resource consumer.

In my own tests sadly strike builds fell flat. It might not just be on you. That's the main reason the Blaze nerf irks me so much. Elemental offers nothing else as decent single target consumers. Even Magnetic Wipe is only medium sauce.
I added second Ele consumer as my Blaze isn't doing that "OMFG THESE HITS" damage. So I made it kind of easier rotationwise: get 5 resources, start with Flame strike to proc Seal the Deal > Blaze > Raging. This is +-10k guaranteed damage from consumers for each rotation. I tried it with only Blaze or Flame Strike and it's less DPS.

udgnim

Flame Strike is not worth it in the build right now

compare its damage and resource consumption with Blaze and keep in mind that Blaze has a 100% crit rate with Aidelon, so Blaze comes out a very clear better consumer of resources and cast time

Lightning Manifestation is definitely good

I use Out for a Kill as my shot consumer, but this is a matter of preference

these are the passives I use

Twist the Knife, Elemental Force (~70% of damage source is Ele for me), Bloodsport (replaceable, I use it just so I have a guaranteed affliction source), Iron Maiden, Doom, Sudden Return, Aidelon

test dummy DPS is currently 1,450-1,485 with 1 PvP buff stack, 3214 AR, 776 penetration, and QL10.2 Shot / QL10 Ele

also might want to try testing if Seal the Deal actually works with Blaze
Last edited by udgnim; 08-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Majorscrewup

I dunno if my build is any good to help, but I don't run with regular groups so I can't lock down a build and have to adjust to what is brought.

With my talismans etc I have

hit +245 +200 +107 =552
pen +182 +84 +202 = 468
crit +202 =202
crit power +68 +40 +238 = 346

build
Flashpoint - in case I don't get afflict on
Striker - builder (don't like the mechanic / feel of Ignition)
Blaze - consumer
Out for a Kill - consumer
Short Fuse - group buff
Breaching Shots - group buff
Cleanup - group buff (sometimes get away with using Shotgun wedding / another if range problems)

Dead on Target - more damage
Punisher - for debil
Social Dynamo - increases crit rating by 30 per stack for 8 seconds on strike attacks (group buff)
Mind over Matter - for afflict
Final Fuse - group buff
Breach Party - group buff
Aidelon

Rotation is Striker x5 > Flashpoint > Blaze > Out for a kill > Striker > Blaze etc

I'm still not happy with the build and still think whether striker is a better finisher than out for a kill. Also don't like shotgun wedding is some fights when range is an issue, but I am struggling to find a better finisher for the slot though mainly is used up by cleanup 70% of fights,
Last edited by Majorscrewup; 08-18-2012 at 11:48 PM.

udgnim

one other thing to consider is if you use ACT, take a loot at the "AvgDelay" column or enable showing it

I believe it's a decent representation of your current latency with the server and can make a significant difference on your DPS #s

I've been anywhere from 1.02 to 1.1+ when spamming some 1 second cast or less spell on a dummy and I think it just varies by quality of your connection and TSW server load

it can be the reason for varying DPS #s

Wotanik

Alright, I'll test this build next: http://www.tsw-builder.com/#76v65062...21734653743836

One thing though, does Iron Maiden and Overpenetration overlap? Because if they overlap, I can change Overpenetration to something else, like Elemental Precision or such.

And without FS, my rotation should be: 5x Ign > Pop CDs > Blaze > Light. Man. > Out for a Kill > 2x Ign > Blaze > 2x Ign > Blaze > Out for a Kill >>>>>>>> Right?

Hecates

Overpen and Iron Maiden give you the same buff so they do not stack, they just refresh each other.

Lungomono

Is there any reason you don't want the free 7% dmg on your consumers from your elemental support skill?
Using the manifest will trigger that 7% dmg buff for about 6 sec, so having it the last consumer to use in the rotation before going back to builders, is a kind of a waste.

In my opinion it aren't worth trying to give to other party members, unless they have a far superior dps compared to you, since the timing are impossible to coordinate. So in the end you end with more or less pure luck if you give that person the buff when he/she fire off the consumers, therefore it is in my opinion better to use it on yourself, so you can use coordinate it.

It not much, but it is some, free dps.

"If there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph."
Pierre Corneille, 1606-1684

Hedrock

I would go with something like this for damage:

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#76v65062...21421210605636

elemental precision can be changed for fever pitch (low hit rate), punisher (fastest debilitate generator).

If somebody in your group applies a dot (bloodspot, incision) on the boss, replace incision for something more useful.

i also use light. manifestation if i have a free active slot.
Last edited by Hedrock; 08-21-2012 at 09:50 AM.