Keltik0ne

This is a standard gear grinder pve game, the pvp was never going to be close to balance and the recent bullion exploits made the situation a whole lot worse on some dimensions. The fact that Arcadia now has a whole contingent of 10.lots dragon players (almost overnight too) means that once the game settles a bit, drags will rule 90% of the day, with loomies coming in a distant third,
Even though drags dont attack our facs while temps hold any, its going to be nasty here.

Darks

There's one MMO PvP mode that I currently play a lot: DCUO's Legend PvP.
There's one MMO PvP mode that I will, most likely, play a lot as soon as the corresponding game is released: GW2's structured PvP.
Other kinds of MMO PvP will, most likely, not come even close. I easily play 10x more Legend PvP than I play all other kinds of MMO PvP added together.

What both have in common is that there is no power progression. Those PvP modes completely disregard the character's "real" level, gear, build, etc; instead, every player is at the same power level. In other words, it's all up to skill; time spent grinding, previous wins, etc, those things simply don't matter.

And, sincerely, after experiencing PvP where gear doesn't matter, I'm not really willing to commit myself to any kind of PvP where there is gear grind. I might dabble in gear grind PvP from time to time, but I never stay.

Mujahideen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darks View Post
There's one MMO PvP mode that I currently play a lot: DCUO's Legend PvP.
There's one MMO PvP mode that I will, most likely, play a lot as soon as the corresponding game is released: GW2's structured PvP.
Other kinds of MMO PvP will, most likely, not come even close. I easily play 10x more Legend PvP than I play all other kinds of MMO PvP added together.

What both have in common is that there is no power progression. Those PvP modes completely disregard the character's "real" level, gear, build, etc; instead, every player is at the same power level. In other words, it's all up to skill; time spent grinding, previous wins, etc, those things simply don't matter.

And, sincerely, after experiencing PvP where gear doesn't matter, I'm not really willing to commit myself to any kind of PvP where there is gear grind. I might dabble in gear grind PvP from time to time, but I never stay.
Seconded. Gear-driven PvP only really worked in WoW and nowhere else and it's one of the most stupid ideas and clearly a design flaw in MMO-PvP. If there is a rewardsystem in PvP it only should take form of leaderboards and similar, maybe some fluffitems(clothing ^o^) and maybe ingame currency for tournaments and the like(PvE-Buffs are bollocks, too). I predict that even if I have my gear grinded I will not participate in the mess that is gear-driven PvP. Any Enjoyment won't last for long.
Don't flame me for my opinion and it is also senseless to discuss it, sorry.

I think the Community should make a quick shift to self-organized tournaments and Fight Club Sessions, also planned Pre-Made battles for the quick fix after work. Get connected, build networks, talk with your fellow cabals and get it going. Otherwise I don't see lasting enjoyment coming anytime soon. Complaining won't help that much, at least if you begin to open 1000 threads to the same issue.

Regards
Mujahideen of the Dragons, Arcadia-RP, Part-Time Terrorist
Technologic of the Templars, Arcadia-RP, Elitist B*tch
Rykoshet of the Illuminati, Daemon International Server, Matrix Black Hat
"That is not dead which can eternal lie"

Twills

I don't mind gear progression so long as you have enough players to tier it. Which is a problem with Fusang.

Now, if, say, 10.3 guys only fight other 10.3 guys? Fine.

grimjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
I dont like separate stats

1 it punishes players who do both pve and pvp with double the grind
2 it comes from wow, wow knows fuck all about pvp, wow has shit pvp.
3 every game with separate pve and pvp stats has shit pvp.
While JerryC and I don't always agree, I agree with #1 and refuse to comment on 2 and 3.

JerryC and others have mentioned a Stat cap on gear to help with gear descrepancies. I back some form of Buff/Debuffer that would "normalize" the different gear tiers to a certain range. Either one would only effect PvP, specifically Fusang, and both allow for continued gear progression.

Another plus, these should be fairly easy to add to PvP, because they already exist in the game to some extent.
Grimjax * Arcadia Dimension * Templar
Currently on a sabbatical from Secret World!

PvP Update Notes: Live & TestLive Server * PvP 101: The Beginner's Guide to TSW's PvP

kccube

Not really a fan of seperate stats for PVP and PVE. It just penalise pplayers who does both.

What I would prefer to see is all gear are auto downgrade to QL0 in PVP. Leave out the gear stats. PVP should be about skill, build > gear or time spend grinding. Only then would ladder or kills mean anything.

Ash23Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccube View Post
Not really a fan of seperate stats for PVP and PVE. It just penalise pplayers who does both.

What I would prefer to see is all gear are auto downgrade to QL0 in PVP. Leave out the gear stats. PVP should be about skill, build > gear or time spend grinding. Only then would ladder or kills mean anything.
I would also like to see PvP skill based, not QL 10.4 based. In the very beginning (first day of head start) I thought it is so.

Mujahideen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twills View Post
I don't mind gear progression so long as you have enough players to tier it. Which is a problem with Fusang.

Now, if, say, 10.3 guys only fight other 10.3 guys? Fine.
Umm, yes? Why then should there be differences in gear in the first place. When everyone is allowed only to the same gear every fight is balanced like 10.3 vs 10.3 geared people. If upgrades to gear are periodically provided the gap between new and old players wil be equally enlarged leading to a worser pvp-experience on both sides. Why start with a flawed system in the first place?
Mujahideen of the Dragons, Arcadia-RP, Part-Time Terrorist
Technologic of the Templars, Arcadia-RP, Elitist B*tch
Rykoshet of the Illuminati, Daemon International Server, Matrix Black Hat
"That is not dead which can eternal lie"

Morpheoz7

First of all i think the gearprogression is fine and i dont think the majority of people playing mmorpgs mind grinding a bit with a goal in mind.

That said, i think there should be 10.4 gear available in both pvp and pve.

Aslong the progression is matching, according to the timefactor, so u can obtain pve and pvp gear at same speed, i dont see why it shouldnt be logical.

Pveplayers shouldnt be able to enter pvp with gear thats better than pvpplayers gear (who only pvp) and vice versa.

This is also why i support the fact that there isnt pvpgear and pvegear with different stats.

Cheerz Morpheoz
Last edited by Morpheoz7; 08-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Keltik0ne

Oddly, the TSW homepage link to charater progression neglects to mention that come "end game" you'll be shoehorned into a trinity system for a standard gear grind, nor does it mention that those that exploited certain bullion generating bugs would end up with way better "pvp" gear in a far shorter time than any pvper could get.

None of them seem to be banned yet either, odd that.