Sasheria

Healer items drop all the time in Elite and NM

the problem is that healing in TSW takes a bit more to do than normal "healing" in other mmo.

Take healing for NM vs Elite. It is a world of difference. the popular build is Fist/Pistol (single target) and some go aoe (shelter build). In some fights it is really hard to heal people when everyone is running all over the place. In some fights the skill choices make a huge difference in healing (gear helps a lot too)

There is a huge learning curve and dexterity required to be a good healer.

valoiz

I have found my equipment without problem so far O.o

Be a healer in TSW can be a little dificult cuz i have to move, evade and be truely focus.... i use AR / Blood >.<

unseenorb

Its probably because the healer is responsible for everyone else in the team
and themselves while the rest of the team is a bunch of selfish screws.
Can the rest of the team back up the healer?
Do they have the healer targeted as their defensive target?
Does the tank actually have a hate pulling passive or is he just hard to hurt while
solo and a minor monster distraction in a Dungeon until the healer heals and
pulls the hate on themselves.

With grouping being so awful there's no way for healers to know how effective
they are in a team, without suddenly being responsible for other people's
internet gaming fun and getting bitched out about any failure to perform.

Everyone has the ability to have healing skills on their build in this game.
They can't bother to do that and then spend a half hour begging in General for a healer.

Escutcheon

Healers are usually the least represented archetype (though I'm told that tanks are, I think it is really healers.) A lack of healers isn't unusual.
Some basic advice on early game solo builds: http://recordingofinterestingthings....ret-world.html

wildkatze

Quote:
Originally Posted by godman85 View Post
It is because the ridiculous rarity of healer gear to ever drop. You got loot tables on bosses where they have 3-4 tank pieces, 1 heal, 2 dps, and like 2 weapons.
Must be a different game, I play.

Quote:
This is normal. You will always see 5-6 tank pieces per run. It gets annoying for healers. We do 3-4 runs and get 0 upgrades in gear outside of weapons. This needs to change. Almost all tanks hit greed on tank gear because it is so overflooded.
Again, is that a different game I am playing or are you just happy at overexaggerating completely ?

Have you ever heard about stochastic ? (A branch of math dealing with probability).

If you roll a 6 sided die, and the die is not rigged, then your chance to roll a 6 is exactly 1/6th.
However, the chance to roll at least 1 6 in 6 rolls of that die is not 100%. Not rolling a 6 on 50 rolls is highly unlikely, but still possible.

In the same way, looting 6 tank pieces and no healer item on one run is possible... but hardly "always" happening.

Escutcheon

Also, since everyone is expected to slot one or two pieces of HP gear, seeing more tank pieces drop than others also seems like solid design.
Some basic advice on early game solo builds: http://recordingofinterestingthings....ret-world.html

captrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseenorb View Post
Its probably because the healer is responsible for everyone else in the team
As a dps main, i do appreciate that healers and tanks bear the brunt of the pressure in this game. And i do think its unfair.

Quote:
Do they have the healer targeted as their defensive target?
If you dont have any self heals, what difference would that make? This leads nicely on to the next point, which you also note...

Quote:
Everyone has the ability to have healing skills on their build in this game.
Agreed. But...
Quote:
They can't bother to do that and then spend a half hour begging in General for a healer.
Wrong.

My first PUG in an elite dungeon mission, i got told in no uncertain terms to get rid of my self heals and focus on dps. Slotting heals (self or other) when not the healer was seen as actively reducing my dps effectiveness, and it can. "Solo" builds seem to be actively frowned upon in Elite and Nightmare instances.

Its not an issue of selfishness in my opinion why i have a pure dps build with no self heal. Its because thats what the leaders of teams I've joined demand. Same for slotting more health. I slotted two pieces that gave me an extra 2K health to stop being one shotted so easily, and when things go bad that is always to blame.

My only point being that its not always the individual player being selfish and "me me me!" that drives no self heals in builds. Its the teams we join that do that to US.
Signatures longer than your post are probably a sign you're over compensating for anything meaningful to say.

wizuriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheria View Post
the problem is that healing in TSW takes a bit more to do than normal "healing" in other mmo.
I'm just curious but harder compared to what? I've played a healer in WoW, Warhammer, CoH, DCUO and TSW and I would definitely not say healing is any harder in TSW than those other games. Okay it shouldn't be harder, the interface being terrible for healers does make it annoying (I really wish I could see who in a fight is dead so I don't keep trying to heal them, or that I could move the party window so it doesn't cover my chat), but I don't think that is fair to say it is harder because of bad UI.

Healing in TSW is standard whack a mole healing. In fact I would say it is easier than CoH and DCUO healing because a lot of random fire pits don't hurt healers too much (at least me, but I do a PBAOE heal that also heals on every attack with my build).

captrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizuriel View Post
Healing in TSW is standard whack a mole healing. In fact I would say it is easier than CoH and DCUO healing because a lot of random fire pits don't hurt healers too much (at least me, but I do a PBAOE heal that also heals on every attack with my build).
Dont know about DCUO, but i do about CoH.

You can heal in CoH as an empath defender without anything stronger than Single Origin enhancements. Likewise i have psi/psi blaster that nukes veryt well with just SO's as well. In TSW, from what i can tell, you cannot do a good job healing in Elites or higher without either blues or higher as the stats boost on greens is not sufficient, and thats what makes you viable for higher level content, gear.

Ok, to be fair, you could buy QL9 blue talisman kits from Transylvania to tide you over while waiting for QL10 drops, but you have to know where the vendors are, and that isn't automatic.
Signatures longer than your post are probably a sign you're over compensating for anything meaningful to say.

Karmakoma

First rule of MMO, what you seek will not drop.
What you farmed for days on a char will constantly drop when doing the same stuff with another char (that cant use the loot)