Edzilla

DefaultSignet solo builds?

Was just curious what you guys run to solo signets. I've been running the Blade/chaos regen AE build and it works ok. Can't really do anymore then 4 mobs at a time. Unless im lucky.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest."

Edzilla
Blade / Chaos - Tank ||| Assault Rifle / Shot Gun, Pistol, or Elemental - DPS
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire

JeffChambers

I use hammer/shotgun, either strike or blast based. It works for me.

Wakizaka

I use Blade/Fist normally, and I tend to run out of mobs to kill quickly
Got "Wakizaka" Alpha Dragon - Grimm

Edzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
I use Blade/Fist normally, and I tend to run out of mobs to kill quickly
Whats your build?
"Mess with the best, die like the rest."

Edzilla
Blade / Chaos - Tank ||| Assault Rifle / Shot Gun, Pistol, or Elemental - DPS
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire

Wakizaka

Actives:
- Blade Torrent
- Clearing The Path
- Surgical Steel
- Cage Fight
- Steel Echo
- Reckless
- Martial Discipline

Passives:
- Bloodsport
- Salt In The Wound
- Lethality
- Twist The Knife
- Flight Of Daggers
- Sudden Return
- Leeching Frenzy

And I run 1 Heal Minor, 1 Tank Minor, rest DPS.

You can switch Lethality out for either Criticality for a chain attack everytime you crit, or for Arterial Pulse (which will fire at least every CtP). Could probably swap Salt In The Wound & Lethality for Criticality & Arterial Pulse if you find it to be higher damage.

And you can pretty much just kite around between packs of mobs that you're farming and rotate 1x BT, 1x CtP and rinse & repeat until they're all dead. Surgical Steel is there to heal you up if you need, you could also swap that for Inner Spark but I don't find myself being hit all to often so I don't worry about it.

Once you've got all your mobs gathered up on your killing spree, you can stand still for a moment and pop Steel Echo, Reckless, Martial Discipline and just keep rotating BT/CtP for those 8~10 seconds, but they'll probably be dead by then and you'll be running back to start looting along the way.

jonnymonroe

Chaos + elemental

Go to hell's Pass in Shadowy;

1)Escalation
2)Karma
3)Lightning Manifestation
4)Whiteout
5)Inferno
6)Coldwave
7)(free)

passives -

1)Lightning in a Bottle
2)Grounded
3)Leeching Frenzy
4)Donor
5)Big Bang
6)Twist the Knife
7)(free - I take kill streak here)

Now put 2 heal minors and a tank minor on. If you're struggling, try 1 heal major as well. Every other slot is DPS.

Pull 5 mobs, spam up some resources, drop manifestation + whiteout, spam up to full resources, karma + inferno. Everything is now dead and you're at 100% health, for roughly 10 seconds of combat. Hit V+X and run to the next pack. pop those orange portals on the platforms for extra mobs in your pull. Oh yeah, coldwave is there to replace Whiteout if you pull too fast for the cooldown.

I can farm 300-400 mobs an hour doing this. It's not as fast as the quarry, but I find it's less crowded (although it probably won't be now I'm posting this).

Holy-Knight

Blade/Fist similar to Wakizaka's.

Actives:
- Blade Torrent
- Clearing The Path
- Inner Spark (more heal if you fight >4 i pull+kite normally a much as i can get)
- Steel Echo
- Reckless
- Martial Discipline
- Do or Die

Passives:
- Shoot'em up
- Sudden Return
- Arterial Pulse(very high DMG vs. groups of 4-5)
- Twist The Knife
- Flight Of Daggers
- Criticilaty or Sweetspot (depends on Situation)
- Leeching Frenzy

If time gets hard, for Example if i fight 4 Roman NM-Mobs i replace Flight of Daggers with Empowerement and Sudden Return with Immortal Spirit.

*Lethality is a nice idea, maybe i replace Sudden Return.

H-K
Last edited by Holy-Knight; 09-13-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Kelvenia

How do you gear when you decide to solo farm signets?
I tried to see if I could solo a lair before lair mobs get buffed in 1.2, tried the lairs of Savage Coast and Valley of the sun god, and couldn't manage to beat the swarms using this build (in savage coast, I managed to do it once in 3 tries, but died just after the last opponent :/).

Since I only did a few Elite and haven't started nightmare, all I had was a full set of blue talismans (3 heal, 1 tank, 3 dps), a blue rifle, and a green blade (all QL10 of course). Didn't put any signet or glyph on it, but it mostly had hit, critical, and a bit of pene.

After reading this thread, I want to give it another try with this build, but I may simply be undergeared for this task.
Last edited by Kelvenia; 09-13-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Wakizaka

Make sure you're farming the NM mobs for Signets, and not the Lair mobs (although they do also drop signets, but Lairs are balanced for a team of 3 currently).

Take a look at this guide and take a look at the signet locations.

If you're trying to kill mobs with 20k+ HP you're most likely in the wrong place

Holy-Knight

Blue Gear is good enough for NM-Mobs. I started farming NM-Mobs with green QS 8-10. Depending on the place i farm i use 1 Head HP, 2 Major Heal, rest DPS if i need higher Survivabilty to fight a great number of Mobs at the same time or only 1 Minor Heal, rest DPS if i can kite them.
You have to find out by yourself the exact Combination, depending on how much heal you need, the Build you use, where you farm....The Enemies differ from Location to Location. Some debuff your damage and heal and you might need a bit higher Heal-Rating to feel safe, others do not debuff you and you can pull more with less Heal-Rating.

Your second Build is interesting, but even with Blue Gear a bit short on the damage side. You don't really need Regeneration in this Build, i would take Arterial Pulse instead. It's really great Damage vs multiple Enemies. Reckless will give you more Damage than Cage Fight. In my own tests the Combination of Inner Spark + Circulation gave me more Heal than Surgical Steel+Healing Sparks. Maybe you wanna test some of these suggestions.

H-K
Last edited by Holy-Knight; 09-13-2012 at 11:55 AM.