TofuTrap

DefaultGronarch the Exiled...really exiled...

I have killed the Place Holder 4 times in a row. I have not left the spawn point....still waiting for Gronarch the Exiled.....I'm I missing something? he was supposed to be on a 30 min respawn time.....sigh.

flatlyne2001

yeah we had that happening the other nite on a few of the rares

TofuTrap

Bleh, I guessed they decided to really make them rares.....have killed the placeholder now 6 times....still no Gronarch the Exiled.....sigh....

Noriyuke

In the case of placeholders, you do know that the chance of them spawning the rare can be as low as 1/12 or so?

So every time you have 11 dud chances for one real chance. It can honestly take forever.

TofuTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriyuke View Post
In the case of placeholders, you do know that the chance of them spawning the rare can be as low as 1/12 or so?

So every time you have 11 dud chances for one real chance. It can honestly take forever.
Never heard of this before. Everybody I know that has killed this boss, killed the place holder and 30 mins after killed the boss...at least before they fixed Hrapp...

Where did you get this 1/12 chance from?
Last edited by TofuTrap; 10-22-2012 at 12:29 AM.

TofuTrap

3 1/2 hours waiting and nothing....ridiculous...

flatlyne2001

So I guess "rare bosses" just got more rare

TofuTrap

Waited a total of 4 1/4 hours killing the placeholder every time it popped....I don't think that jacket is worth this kind of camping. Congratulations to all that killed it , but this inst really my idea of fun.

TofuTrap

O.O

Logged today, killed the PH and he popped.....The RNG gods have spoken.

Noriyuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriyuke View Post

The 1/12 chance is a hearsay from the testservers I think, will see if I can find the post. But when dealing with placeholders, it is not true that if you kill the placeholder, the next will be the rare spawn.