Zorky

DefaultReturning To Tsw on Server Grim

Hi I just resubbed and I was wondering is there any one playing on this server "Grim" I cant find anyone...On what server is the main population and does funcom allow server transfer or do I have to pay over 30$ dollars via in game store..I was hoping to get to play with some people like pvp or just missions or something but I cant find any one on grim to join up with.

Well talked to customer service they told me to go to agatha to group so every missions i need to run there to find people or pay 30$ for server transfer...And with that I removed my subscription so let me know when they will do server merge or offer free transfer cause im aint paying monthly fee for solo game.
Last edited by Zorky; 11-14-2012 at 05:29 PM.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Terry Pratchett

sindjinn

I guess it depends on what you think of as a lot of people.

Grim is just how I like it. Not too many people that I have to stand in line for a quest objective but not so few that I cannot get help when I need it.

Just ask around. Maybe there are more people than you think.

Note: Grim is itself composed of dimensions - so you don't actually see most of the people on Grim at any one time. If you join a group, everyone from the various dimensions are all moved to the same dimension.

Also note; General Chat, due to various chat bugs, is dead on Grim. Don't look there and think that no one is playing.

AWOL

The main problem that you have is that fairly few people form groups in general chat. You're unlikely to ever encounter a huge number of people, as the game is split into different dimensions of one massive global server- Grim is just one particular grouping of dimensions. In terms of which "server" you're on, you can group with anyone currently playing the game, regardless of their home dimension (like Grim for example).

You'll be best served finding a cabal to group up with, though I'll admit that can be a bit of a shot in the dark if you're only just joining or coming back to the game. If you do find a good one though, then as cabals cover all dimensions, and all time zones (normally), you'll often find that there is always someone online to play with.
Strangely, the best way to do this really is via Agartha. Spend a couple of minutes in there, find a group to do some missions with, and if you like someone in a cabal (and they like you too), talk to them about their cabal.

You CAN pay for a transfer of home dimension, but the only thing which that impacts is which PVP group you'll end up in. You're no more guaranteed to find people to group with, or different cabals by changing your home dimension.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

(Not my own work, but very appropriate I assure you)

Zorky

Ok thx for the tips guys
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Terry Pratchett

cadouin

Just to avoid possible future confusion, in TSW Grim is called a Dimension. There is only one server and it is divided into 8 Dimensions. Each Dimension then will create a variable number of what are called 'shards' as people log onto and off of the Dimension. Each of the 8 play areas (ie Kingsmouth, Savage Coast etc) will have at least one shard. If that shard gets to a set saturation point as far as players then another shard is created and all players logging on are placed in that shard. This helps prevent lagging and also the irritation of so many people around that it is impossible to do quests. However it can sometimes mean that it appears that not many people are around if you are one of the first into a new shard of one of the last to log off of an old shard.